DIY fountain for front landscape

I am so happy with our water feature that I created! I wanted blue and something different than you could buy. Not to mention I wasn't going to pay crazy money they cost! So we made one!
Time: 4 Hours Cost: $60.00 Difficulty: Moderate
It took a couple of tries to get it right!
I didn't get the proportion right the first time! ;(
So I raised the second tier! Much better!
It took 3 main flower pots, cement pineapple (that I spray painted champagne)
One pump
PVC pipe and waterproof tape to cover bottom hole
Two pots (turned upside down) drilled holes in bottom one for water flow for pump
I love what it has added to our landscape! Now I just need everything to bloom!
  • Johnandbarbara Menn
    I think it looks great.
  • Donna Rainey
    Donna Rainey Lake Saint Louis, MO
    This is beautiful , I love the contrast of the blue and the lava rock, very nice! Enjoy!
  • Kara Spurlock
    Kara Spurlock Huntington, WV
    Thanks, Donna! I really needed contrast so the blue was the best!
  • Judi M
    Judi M Edwardsburg, MI
    Love this. Do you have detailed instructions for putting this together along with the pot sizes? Including pot sizes that were turned upside down. Where did you find a cement pineapple? Do you use distilled water or is the water supplied via hose?
    • Kara Spurlock
      Kara Spurlock Huntington, WV
      Here is a rough detail. I bought the pots I liked making sure the sizes made sense. The pineapple I found at a place that sells yard statues and stuff. The pots that are turned upside down I just used what I thought would work. The bottom one is
  • Denise Sullivan
    Denise Sullivan Sparta, TN
    LOVE IT AND YOUR PINK FLIMINGO!!
    • Kara Spurlock
      Kara Spurlock Huntington, WV
      Thanks Denise! The flamingo was a gift from my daughter! He's fun!
  • Marie @ The Interior Frugalista
    Love your flower pot water fountain. Unlike the one I made I noticed you sealed the top two pots so the water overflows into the bottom pot and re-circulates. Very pretty and I love the glazed pots!
  • Kara Spurlock
    Kara Spurlock Huntington, WV
    Thank you!
  • A901u
    Very creative! My maiden name was Spurlock. I live in Phoenix, AZ and my family originally is from the Cincinnati and WV area. Wonder if we are related??
  • Kara Spurlock
    Kara Spurlock Huntington, WV
    My husbands family is all from Logan wv and point pleasant wv!
  • A901u
    Yes, my father talked about Logan. I remember once as a child he took my mother and brothers and I to a relative's home there. All I remember is the coal. My great-grandfather was Marshall Spurlock and I believe my great, great grandfather was Seth. Any
  • Teri Herzog
    Teri Herzog Jacksonville, FL
    I love it,my favorite color also.That is amazing. Be very proud.
  • Kara Spurlock
    Kara Spurlock Huntington, WV
    Thank you!
  • A901u
    Sounds good. My email address is a901u@aol.com and my first name is Donna and I would love to converse with a long lost relative!
  • Jan
    Jan Mc Veytown, PA
    it is beautiful...in the bottom big pot you could plant a trailing water plant....that would look cool too...
  • Kara Spurlock
    Kara Spurlock Huntington, WV
    I didn't know that was a possibility! I will look into it!
Kara Spurlock