DIY Mosaic Tile Backsplash

Kitchen Ideas 01.14.16
We finally got our backsplash in and we love it! It was a little tedious at times and we learned lots of things along the way, but it was well worth all of it for the end results. Get all the details and see more pictures on our blog.
Difficulty: Challenging
The final "after" look. Such a big difference to what we had been looking at for so long, see below.
We lived with bare walls for a backsplash for a long time. It was way better than what we moved in to though! See more about that on our blog.
Cutting the first tile to get started required a straight line. We used a level for that.
We used two sizes of tile spacers to achieve the look we wanted. You want to make sure you have lots of spacers!
Almost ready for grout. I used warm water and a sponge to clean up the tiles and ready them for grouting.
Here's a little close up of how it turned out. Because our mosaic tiles included glass, we used un-sanded grout. The color we used was French Vanilla.
Now I love walking into my kitchen and see this almost finished look. We still have a few more things to go, but we're getting there!

To see more: http://ourcloverhouse.blogspot.com/2014/06/diy-mosaic-tile-backsplash.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

Clover House, DeeDee