Guest Room Makeover -From Beige and Blah to Colorful! | Hometalk
23K Views

Guest Room Makeover -From Beige and Blah to Colorful!

decorating ideas on Mar 31, 2016
23K Views
My guest bedroom used to function as my office also. At the beginning, it was decorated perfectly to my taste, but after a few years, my office started taking over and the room started looking really dreary and cluttered. I decided to move out the office and redecorate the bedroom into a cute little guest oasis ;) http://www.thriftyandchic.com/2014/06/guest-bedroom-reveal-with-sherwin.html
  • guest room makeover from beige and blah to colorful, bedroom ideas, home decor
Here's the finished after! I used Sherwin Williams Dewy for the wall color. It's the perfect amount of mint and seamist mixed together.
Here's the before. I used to have a twin bed in here, which worked for the size, but when we moved in the full size, there just wasn't enough room. Especially with my imploding storage behind the curtain.
The headboard is a DIY project I will post on my blog, www.thriftyandchic.com. All the other extras came from Target, besides the mirror.
I wouldn't say I was ever afraid of color, but I just never used it in my decor, now I'm embracing it and loving it!

To see more: http://www.thriftyandchic.com/2014/06/guest-bedroom-reveal-with-sherwin.html

Have Questions About This Post?

• Nita whisenhunt
    Nita whisenhunt Abilene, TX

Love the color.

• Phx2id
    Phx2id Coeur D Alene, ID

You can find the curtains at Target. They also come in blue.

• Lisa
    Lisa New Hartford, CT

I really love the paint color - it really brings the room to life. Adding in the yellow bits here and there was genius, too. Of course, I love that headboard! I wish I could work something like that into my home, but there just isn't a place for it.

• Ann Diehl
    Ann Diehl Conroe, TX

Love those curtains!

• Jacalyn
    Jacalyn Clearwater, FL

What a beautiful room! Your guests won't want to leave.

­