#Salvaged Antique Sewing Machine Projects

I love working with all kinds of salvaged bits, pieces and parts, but one of my favorite things to find is broken antique sewing machines and tables. There are so many wonderful parts that can be used to turn into unique new projects.
This funky magnetic memo board was created from the top of the sewing machine table. It is super useful, with a memo pad clip, a rusty cup to hold pens and pencils, hooks for keys and scissors, and an old funnel, to use as a string dispenser, or to hold a cell phone.
These pretty legs got old barn wood added to the top to make a beautiful, rustic new table.
This part was turned into a wall rack for plates!
Click on the link to see many more unique recreations from sewing machine table salvage at Knick of Time!
#hometalktuesday #hometalkeveryday #recycle #salvaged # #

To see more: http://knickoftime.net/2014/05/antique-sewing-machine-table-into-rustic-side-table.html

• Laura Trevey
    Laura Trevey Richmond, VA
    This is so creative! Love it!!
  • Ppifer
    I took the base of my old sewing machine and made it into my new bathroom sink. The drawers remain for storage.
    • Sherrie Phillips
      Sherrie Phillips Joplin, MO
      Ppif I LOVE IT! I did my grandmothers old treadle (full cabinet) and did rosemaling all over the front panels and top.
  • Dora S
    Dora S Moriarty, NM
    I sew on antique sewing machines. Most often they need no more than generous oiling and, occasionally, a minor repair. Then they are ready for another 100+ years of sewing. It's very sad to see machines and irons that could have continued their intended
    • Rosemary Kelly
      Rosemary Kelly Grand Rapids, MI
      Dora S Couldn't agree more. My Singer is from 1886. Singer still makes parts for all of them. If you have a Treadle Machine, you might want to research it before you scrap it. It can be worth hundreds more as it is. Quilters prize these old machines.
  • Susan
    Susan Katy, TX
    This is the kinda stuff I just love finding....love your creativity!!!
  • Kat
    Kat Carol Stream, IL
    Love these.
  • Barbara Williams
    Barbara Williams Casa Grande, AZ
    I love creating too..I am making a bird bath out of an old satellite dish...love your innovation.
  • Vicki Pemberton
    Vicki Pemberton Harriman, TN
    very cool
  • Debra Anderson
    Debra Anderson Sand Springs, OK
    I want to find this kind of stuff!! Awesome table, wall containers.
  • Denise
    Denise Belfast, ME
    I, too, greatly admire antique sewing machines and their cabinets. I have an antique treadle model, a Singer from the year I graduated high school (the machine I used to learn to sew,) an up-to-date model and a serger. I'm sure I'll be adding more to my
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Your talent and creativity blows me away every.single.time!
  • Reposhture Studio - Kim
    Reposhture Studio - Kim Pittsburgh, PA
    Now I want to find one…or three hundred! Very well done!
  • Homeroad
    Homeroad Huntington, NY
    I REALLY ove that memo board Angie! <3
  • Christie Napier
    Christie Napier Austin, IN
    I too LUV the old sewing tables, cabinets & most of all the Iron bases!! Hubby made me a good sized table from boards
  • Christie Napier
    Christie Napier Austin, IN
    To finish my comment: boards we distressed & I stained very dark-this was a Great find since the Sears & Roebuck is wrote in the pedal & all parts were still on base but the machine itself! (His 1st project in repurposing too) Now we have just a naked
Angie @ Knick of Time