Patriotic Mason Jar Lanterns

Red white& blue 05.14.15
I have quite the love for mason jars and I've recently fallen in love with painting mason jars. I knew that I wanted to create a unique version of them for the 4th of July and I am so happy with how these turned out! #patriotic
These patriotic mason jars are painted with chalk paint, then distressed. I love that they are a gorgeous centerpiece during the day and make cozy lanterns at night.
I stuck tiny vinyl dots and stars on the jars. These end up as the holes for the light to peek through.
I painted them with chalky finish paint as a base coat.
The smaller jars got red stripes and then I peel the vinyl dots off.
I stuck larger vinyl stars on the biggest jar and then painted over them with blue chalky finish paint. I peel the vinyl off to reveal the white stars underneath.
I sanded the jars to distress them a bit. They're the perfect centerpiece for the new table in our courtyard.
I stuck a tealight in each of the jars and it is amazing how much they light up. They provide the perfect amount of light in an otherwise dark part of our courtyard at night.

To see more: http://addicted2diy.com/2014/06/02/patriotic-mason-jar-lanterns/

Katie @ Addicted 2 DIY