Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Patriotic Mason Jar Lanterns

Crafts 2 days ago
I have quite the love for mason jars and I've recently fallen in love with painting mason jars. I knew that I wanted to create a unique version of them for the 4th of July and I am so happy with how these turned out! #patriotic
These patriotic mason jars are painted with chalk paint, then distressed. I love that they are a gorgeous centerpiece during the day and make cozy lanterns at night.
I stuck tiny vinyl dots and stars on the jars. These end up as the holes for the light to peek through.
I painted them with chalky finish paint as a base coat.
The smaller jars got red stripes and then I peel the vinyl dots off.
I stuck larger vinyl stars on the biggest jar and then painted over them with blue chalky finish paint. I peel the vinyl off to reveal the white stars underneath.
I sanded the jars to distress them a bit. They're the perfect centerpiece for the new table in our courtyard.
I stuck a tealight in each of the jars and it is amazing how much they light up. They provide the perfect amount of light in an otherwise dark part of our courtyard at night.

To see more: http://addicted2diy.com/2014/06/02/patriotic-mason-jar-lanterns/

20 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 20 comments | See Previous
  • Jennie Armel Hyde
    Wow how clever I love the look.
  • Karen
    Karen Agawam, MA
    LOVE this. It's on my "to do list". Thanks so much for sharing.
  • Lisa Edwards
    Lisa Edwards Paragon, IN
    Love it ♡
  • Barbara Heist
    Beautiful.
  • Ann Grieb
    Ann Grieb Poulsbo, WA
    love it!!!!!
  • JoAnna McCullar
    JoAnna McCullar Jackson, TN
    These are so great!
  • Eva trujillo
    eva trujillo Topeka, KS
    We used empty condiment jars and patriotic napkins. Attached with a light film of spray glue and 2 coats of Modge Podge. Add a tea candle and done!
  • Karen D
    Karen D Anna, IL
    I love them! It's perfect!
  • Cathy C
    I like the "Ball" label, because it just feels "American" to me. However.....I need all my Mason jars for food. They can be pricy. I have got plenty of mayonnaise jars and others that I could use though, rather than putting them into the recycling bin! I
  • Maryannnmp
    Maryannnmp Philadelphia, PA
    Love them!
  • Donna W
    Donna W Riverside, CA
    Absolutely love them!!!! Yay for mason jar crafting!!!!!
  • Pam Perkins Zirbel
    Katie @ Addicted 2 DIY .....LOVE these!!! Great job and idea!!
  • Matty watts
    Matty watts Gracemont, OK
    Wow. How about orange / black letters for holloween
  • Jennifer Thibert Jezak
    Where did you get the stickers?
  • Bhakunivinita
    Its lovely i m going for it ASAP
Katie @ Addicted 2 DIY

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing