Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

Patriotic Mason Jars

Decor Ideas 09.08.14
I’m in love with these DIY patriotic mason jars I just made. It’s our turn to host the holiday barbecue this year. I’m excited! Those of you who know me know I LOVE A PARTY! I love hosting, preparing, creating…basically everything to do with a gathering.
I realized I weeded out a little too well when we downsized and I couldn’t find ANY patriotic party decorations. Not a red napkin, blue plate or anything patriotic that I could even begin to fake it with! I had no choice….I rolled up my sleeves and prettied up my mason jars into festive red white and blue patriotic themed decor.
What I love best about these patriotic jars is I can use them in a variety of ways. That's always a smart choice for a small house!
If you'd like more detailed tips on this project hop over to my blog and read the full project post in the link below. #PowerofPaint
Time: 30 Minutes Cost: $5 Difficulty: Easy
These patriotic pretties look great anywhere. Place them on a table with flowers, use to hold cutlery on a pretty picnic table or anywhere you want to add some patriotic cheer.
All you'll need is a little craft paint, mason jars, painters tape and a marker or star shape to draw or trace the stars. Use a little sand paper to distress them when dry.
This is an easy project to make.
To make the red stripe jar paint the entire jar white, use painters tape to mark the stripes red paint.
The blue mason jars were painted blue. I traced the stars and then painted them in white.
This pretty patriotic pattern is a combination of the two above styles. A litte distressing with sand paper adds character.
Even a handful of simple flowers picked from the garden looks fantastic in my mason jar.
I'm planning to use these for our BBQ party. But, I also love them with our outdoor dinner table. Why yes, that is a coordinated table runner. It's easy to make too.
What ideas do you have to use these patriotic mason jars? Please share below!

To see more: http://h2obungalow.com/2014/05/diy-patriotic-mason-jars.html

11 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • Kathie Sines
    Kathie Sines Weiser, ID
    Great idea

This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Beth
    Beth Cranston, RI
    Love these! What a great addition to your table. :)
  • Christine
    Christine Fresno, CA
    If you really wanted to keep them from being scratched you could spray with a clear coat or use glass paint ..U can also buy out door house and get a lot more paint for your money
  • Jeanette
    Jeanette Alvord, TX
    very clever, thank you for sharing!
  • Linda Dike
    Linda Dike Gering, NE
    Good idea!!
  • JMTaylor70
    JMTaylor70 Katy, TX
    I love it! I like the fact that as they get used there will be some "aged" look to them which will give them even more character.
  • Carolyn Freeman C
    Carolyn Freeman C Dallas, GA
    Pretty tacky
Wendi @ H2OBungalow