Organic Gardening - How to Deter Slugs and Snails With Eggshells

Gardening ideas 2 days ago
Are you tired of visiting your gardening in the morning only to see that other little critters have been up all night feasting on your plants? I love plants like my hostas and vegetables and hate to see them riddled with holes from snails and slugs.
I have something in common with slugs...we both love hostas and vegetable gardens. But, there is something they hate that I love - eggs. They slink away from eggs shells as soon as they feel the sharp edges!
Snails and slugs hate anything that's sharp or rough, so you can save your eggshells and use them underneath your plants to deter them! It really works. Coffee grounds and several other things works as well, and are mentioned in the article link.
Read how we do it here! http://mymerrymessylife.com/2014/05/diy-natural-linen-spray.html
Crush the shells to make them easier to spread.
Snails and slugs come out at night and feast like kings on our plants!
Spread the shells underneath the plant to deter slugs and snail.s
Organic Gardening: How to Deter Slugs and Snails with Eggshells

To see more: http://mymerrymessylife.com/2014/06/organic-gardening-use-egg-shells-to-deter-slugs-and-snails.html

on This Post

• B Juliana Leo
    B Juliana Leo Woodbine, NJ
    If you have a coffee shop in your area, like Starbucks. Ask them for their bags of USED Coffee Grounds - they have a lot to give away. I used to get gallons of it where I used to live.
  • Janise L Kasper
    Janise L Kasper Beverly Hills, CA
    You can also use an old cheese grater to shred Irish Spink hand soap around the base.....slugs,snails, ants hate it. Tried this for the first time this spring....works really well. Pets don't like the taste either. No holes in my hosts or lillies.
  • Janise L Kasper
    Janise L Kasper Beverly Hills, CA
    No bubbles to worry about, it just kinda "melts" into the soil or mulch, which helps keep them out as well
  • Conniefleming6379
    how do i deter rabbits
  • Pattie
    Pattie Pewaukee, WI
    a BB gun
My Merry Messy Life