Hometalk.com

04.05.14

Does anyone out there use a Swiffer?

Do you like it? Do you not like it? Do you have an ecological alternative? Is it the best thing since sliced bread, or could you live without it?
65 Comments Displaying 16 of 65 comments | See Previous
  • I have mine and LOVE it. They work fabulous but it can get expensive changing out their special cloths. I just reuse mine and clean it by hand and change it only every so often now. Works just fine! They are especially fabulous for under beds and sofas
    • Netie Ballew Colorado Springs, CO
      FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna U CAN ALSO JUST MAKE UR OWE CLOTH FOR THEM WITH FLEECE OR MICRO FIBER CLOTHS.... REALLY EASY TO MAKE, THATZ WHAT I MAKE FOR MINE N LOVE IT, U CAN JUST THROW IT IN THE WASH N CLEAN AGAIN.... HOPE U TRY IT OUT
  • Angie P Moreland, GA
    As a house cleaner for other people for years, I love them. I vaccum then I mop the floors, then go back over them with a dry swiffer and boy, the dirt and hair that settles back on the floor. . .it amazes me everytime, especially if there's animals in
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    If you are really fugal you can hand wash these cloths and hang to dry so they can be re-used. Dish soap and rinse. You can also do this with swifters dust cloths. That way you can re-use them until they fall apart. The micro fiber mops, the pads come
  • Vivian S Harper Woods, MI
    I love my Swiffer mop too but I only wish it had a wooden handle. I sometimes really want to push down on the mop and the flimsy handle doesn't feel as if it can take it. I don't have the spray type, but I do use the wet pad and the dry cloth and have
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    Use a micro fiber mop. Put your cleaner in a spray bottle.
  • Joy McDermitt Kingsport, TN
    I find them invaluable, we have a dog who sheds, it gets the hair better than anything else I've tried.
  • Works great for cat hair!
  • Carol C Mentor, OH
    I'm the type who gets on hands and knees to wash my floor, but I bought one anyway for inbetween washes and absolutely love it. I have a cat and what the duster thing picks up is amazing. I use the duster first then the wet cloth for the final. Have not
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    With as many different mops and wipers out there, no need to ever get on your hands and knees...that is just punishing yourself. I will even wet down a small shop type rag with vinigar (I keep worn kitchen towels, etc in the washroom) and "walk mop" my
  • WannaBGardener Memphis, TN
    I have a swiffer but I bought fleece remnants at the fabric center and made washable pads. I got approximately 12 pads from a 5/8 of a yard of fabric, no sewing. I also made fleece dusters for my swiffer duster.
    • Sherrie Nixa, MO
      Smart!
    • Sherrie Nixa, MO
      Also this is a trick I learned. Use a microfiber cloth. It works and it picks up hair and is re washable.
  • Barbara Kegebein Bastrop, LA
    I have a hernia and can't use vacuum cleaner any more. Changed out carpets for laminate wood floors. Use the swifter all the time but had to get some way to get up the last little bits (used dust pan or hand held vac). l got the new Swifter with the tray
  • Diana Mackie Yonkers, NY
    I still stand with my Swifer :)
  • Judy Stavish Watchung, NJ
    very one has old t shirts, right? Just cut to size and start swifting. Works like magic.
  • Likes

Airforcemom Rpratt Maggie Rebecca D Marychmie