Does anyone out there use a Swiffer?

05.05.15
Do you like it? Do you not like it? Do you have an ecological alternative? Is it the best thing since sliced bread, or could you live without it?
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    For everyday: dry microfiber cloth for hardwood-just a and vac when/where needed on tile. Once a week: spray bottle with water or cleaner with microfiber cloth for hardwood-damp mop or floor rag for tile.
  • Cindy S
    Cindy S Wildomar, CA
    I use a dry swiffer on my hardwood floors every other day. I love how it picks everything up. I used to use a dustmop and things just didn't stick to it enough. No problems with the swiffer. I've been using it since it came out.
  • Chaya K
    Chaya K New York, NY
    Guys, I am looking for a way to clean hardwood and tile floors without vacuuming and then mopping. I don't have time for the two step cleaning. I have a day job, ya know? I only moonlight as an unpaid house cleaner. :)
  • Priscilla E
    Priscilla E Mount Vernon, IN
    I have had every type of swiffer imaginable. There is a mop with a cloth that is much wider down in Florida that I use more than anything. It has cloth covers that you can wash. It may start with a B. I am a believer in using towels too. I think you can
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Did you say what type of flooring you have?
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Chaya K, before the steam mop I had the scooba floor cleaner. It required only Clorox hard floor cleaner. It can be used on wood. However, I bought 7 bottles of it and have 4 quarts left because the steam mop cleaning is far superior and doesn't
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    over 3/4 of my homes floors are either tile or hardwood. After a simple vacuuming we wipe down the floors with a damp small towel...that then goes into the washer to be used again. The swiffer mop was not very user friendly as the stick came in many
  • Chaya K
    Chaya K New York, NY
    Has anyone tried the Clorox wetmop?
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    I'm with Sherrie on this one. I gave up on the Swiffers for a steam mop (on tile floors). Not only does it clean the floors, but it does it without chemicals...........just add water and allow steam to do the work.
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I have had a swiffer since the beginning...in fact, I am on my 3rd one. I love it. Keep in mind that it is not for heavy cleaning but just a touch up for those days when you want to tidy up the pathway through the house, but not a deep cleaning. It
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    I never invested in one, I have a sponge mop for small issues and a cotton string mop for real mopping....NOTHING beats a corn broom lightly misted with my ironing spray bottle for coralling the dog hair before mopping....
  • Teresa D
    Teresa D Snellville, GA
    Ditto what everyone else said. Dry or wet ... not impressed and costly.
  • Steven T
    Steven T San Diego, CA
    http://www.mybonahome.com/home.html
  • Melissa K
    Melissa K Blythewood, SC
    I have had three. Not well made, Used daily, but no harsh treatment, however, the swiffer's plastic parts constantly break and you have to buy another in order to use up the products you have purchased. have purchased my last one and went back to broom
  • Paul M
    Paul M Fairburn, GA
    We had one for a while but it got hard to find the refills so we quit using it. It was ok but it does not replace mopping. It is good between more intensive cleanings though. Too bad the stores around here stopped carrying the refills.
Chaya K