Does anyone out there use a Swiffer?

11.28.15
Do you like it? Do you not like it? Do you have an ecological alternative? Is it the best thing since sliced bread, or could you live without it?

• Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Supposedly, the info. about the Swiffer cleaner residue on the floors being toxic to animals was a rumor or myth.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    @ Donna...licking the floor is a habit our wiener dog does as well...she is 14 and is getting a bit senile.
  • Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    I love my Swiffer. It cleans so well. There is no way I would go back to using a mop that just spreads dirt around. @Crystal-2, our Dachsund use to lick the Swiffer off the floor after I mopped (just a small area). She lived to be 16 years old. So I
  • Katrina Wylie
    Katrina Wylie Florence, AL
    Got rid of the swiffer. My husband comes in with his boots on.(ok, I know I should have trained him better) Anyway, grit and small gravels just get pushed around with a swiffer. Actually the swiffer scratches my hardwoods when I try to use it. I have a
  • Debbie_0777
    Debbie_0777 Prairie Village, KS
    i like my swiffer it makes my job fast and easy, why mop
  • Zelda?
    Zelda? Albert, OK
    Chaya K | New York, NY wrote...

"Guys, I am looking for a way to clean hardwood and tile floors without vacuuming and then mopping. I don't have time for

• Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    If all you want to pickup everyday was dog hair and leaves, mulch, dust, etc., on tiled floors I would highly suggest you go to the link Http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?...
  • Elsie B
    Elsie B Lebanon, MO
    I use a swiffer every time i clean ...I use the duster for floors and also the furniture duster ...i could not clean house without my swiffers ...love, love, love, them ...Elsie B....Lebanon mo.
  • Kathi P
    Kathi P Mount Prospect, IL
    i have an awesOme enviromentally sound o'cedar mop w/ a bottle/spray attachment that you fill yourself with homemade(my preference-vinegar-water w/ a little ivory dishsoap) or store bought cleaner. And it has a washable pad! Very GREEN for all us
  • Sandy S
    Sandy S Ewing, NE
    I have a swiffer and use it everyday!!!!!! You would not believe how well it works and that your floors are that dirty !!
  • Susan B
    Susan B Elk River, MN
    I really like my dry swiffer. I have dogs who shed and this really picks up the hair between vacuuming.
  • Crystal - 29 Rue House
    We stopped using our wet swiffer a couple years ago because I was told (I took their word for it and haven't don't my own research) that the chemical in the cleaner were harmful to pets licking their paws and small children (both of which I have). We
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Palm Desert, CA
    KMS and WOODBRIDGE..ditto. I cleaned homes for 20 years and found the very best was good cotton (not poly) towels wrapped around a mop or broom, whatever. You can dampen it, or leave it dry, or wet it for mopping , then throw it in the wash. You always
  • Amy Q
    Amy Q Brooklyn, NY
    I actually like the spinning mop, good luck with your cleaning !
  • Christy M
    Christy M Alpharetta, GA
    I have pets and the swifter gets used one to two times a week if I have the time, lol. It does do a good job of getting the dust bunnies and fur balls into a nice pile while catching the loose debris on the way. I use it more as a "fancy" broom rather
Chaya K