Does anyone out there use a Swiffer?

05.05.15
Do you like it? Do you not like it? Do you have an ecological alternative? Is it the best thing since sliced bread, or could you live without it?
  • Judy Stavish
    Judy Stavish Watchung, NJ
    very one has old t shirts, right? Just cut to size and start swifting. Works like magic.
  • Greta Swanson
    Greta Swanson Palatine, IL
    If you have a Big Lot`s by you then check out the MR. Clean version. I have one were you wash the cleaning pad and make your own cleaning spray. It is the best.
  • Glenda D
    Glenda D San Marcos, CA
    Go to the Dollar store and stock up on wash cloths. They fit great and can go straight into the washer. I bought different colors than what I use for the rest of the house. I am going to add elastic so they stay on a little better. Yes I like it.
  • Leah M
    Leah M Austin, TX
    I love my Swifter, I like the pads, but I have to say that they get expensive very quickly. I've heard of people using cloth and washing, but I'm not sure I'm up to that, probably keep buying the pads. I honestly think they get the floor cleaner than a
  • Evelyn
    Evelyn Jacksonville, NC
    i love my swifter, one day I ran out of the wipes, so I used a clean diaper, and it worked.
  • Cathy Kurpil
    Cathy Kurpil Stuart, FL
    Love my Swiffer, I buy the generic refills for it! I have 2 cats, so I really get a lot of use out of it.
  • Cynthia H
    Cynthia H Pittston, PA
    It's amazing how much hair and small debris a Swiffer picks up. I like going barefoot, and it makes it nicer, with all it picks up. You can certainly sweep first, but, you'll be amazed at how much you didn't get with a broom. I also have the wetjet
  • Londa Barth Fulton
    Londa Barth Fulton Redding, CA
    I have the swifter however, I use old towels, cut to fit, instead of buying the pads. A damp one works well to collect hair and dust. I let them dry (outside) then run them through 'air dry' on the dryer to get all the hair off before tossing in the
  • WannaBGardener
    WannaBGardener Memphis, TN
    @Sherry C reusable pads saves money, maybe I should crochet me some pads
    • Joan
      Joan Robbinsville, NC
      WannaBGardener the crochet pads would be great for dried on stuff like hairballs, etc better for scrubbing
  • Cathy Kurpil
    Cathy Kurpil Stuart, FL
    At the grocery store :)
  • Leah M
    Leah M Austin, TX
    I get the large packs at Sams. I have a lot of cats and can pretty quickly run through an entire bin. I keep telling myself, just before putting the bins in the recycling bin that they would be useful...
  • Donna
    Donna Kamuela, HI
    I used to think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Until I tried the Norwex mop. http://www.norwex.com
  • Londa Barth Fulton
    Londa Barth Fulton Redding, CA
    I get packs of wash cloths from Walmart and use them. They work very well with just a spritz of water. I keep a small pail in the laundry room to toss them into. Most of the time they are pretty nasty (we have dogs) so I wash them separately with Mr Clean.
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    A micro fiber mop is cheaper in the long run. If your using this for wood floors, just misting the bottom of the mop with water is cheaper and easier. Don't over saturate just a little mist with water and floors clean up nicely.
  • Jo Anne
    Jo Anne Irving, TX
    I use cheap white washcloths in mine. They fit really and "scrub" better. And washable.
Chaya K