Reclaimed Door Coffee Table

In search of a unique and affordable coffee table, I decided to build my own using reclaimed materials. My father-in-law found a solid wood door, and my father gave me some salvaged walnut from the neighbor's barn that was torn down. Using only a circular saw and a Kreg Jig, we finished the table in record time. We cut off the ends of the table for the legs at 15" tall, leaving 50" for the top. We measured the width and used scrap furring strips for cleats on the legs, then nailed walnut planks into the cleats. With a quick trim piece of walnut on the lip of the shelf, we were done! Our only cost was in screws and nails. Since then we've found several discarded doors on the curb in our town, and have built door tables for friends! For step-by-step instructions visit my post: http://www.killerbdesigns.com/reclaimed-door-...
  • Salvaged Door Coffee Table
  • From just a single door and some barnwood, we built a whole new table!
  • The shelf is made from planed reclaimed walnut barn wood.
  • The Space Between
    The Space Between Key West, FL
    Another awesome project! Such a cool upcycle. I'm in the market for coffee table ideas so this is just perfect! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • Marion D
    I have seen one before but without the door knobs. I kind of like the door knobs as they as a nice touch.
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    That looks close to my kitchen counter including door knobs and hinges, my door is from a school library... fun fun fun
  • Marsha
    Marsha Taylor, MI
    I love love this!!!
  • Denise
    Denise Mobile, AL
    Its beautiful. Suggestion: cut plexiglass or glass to fit the top, put interesting photos, travel brochures, sand and seashells, in the inset panels, to make it even more interesting. The tabletop will still show thru, but there will be even more
Brooke N