The Master Bathroom

01.14.16
  • Carla K
    Carla K Ouray, CO
    It's simple. I bought the wallpaper online through Illusion Wallpaper. also called Berlin Wallpaper. They offer a variety of different marble and stone look paper and they also have a video with instructions on how to use this wallpaper. It's so very
  • Jane
    Jane Overton, NE
    could you give me instructions on the counter top with the wallpaper please?
  • Carla K
    Carla K Ouray, CO
    Hi Karen, you asked if epoxy would work on a master shower. Yes it would just be sure to do a good caulking job after you are done. Now that I gathered some experience I would not use epoxy again. It's hard to work with. It's fumes are unbearable and if
  • Sirius H
    Sirius H Smyrna, GA
    You did one heck of an amazing job on that previous eyesore of a bathroom!! Kudos to you!! Your husband should be so proud of you and happy that you saved him thousands!!
  • Carla K
    Carla K Ouray, CO
    Hello Kareen.

I'll work on the instructions in a little bit. Happy to hear you know Ouray. Most people don't even know how to pronounce

• Kareen L
    Kareen L Lubbock, TX
    I'd like to try the wallpaper faux. It can't hurt. Send me instructions please. Oh and by the way LOVE Ouray. Our most favorite vacation spot is Durango and then we like to ride our motorcycle from there to Silverton and then into Ouray. In fact we
  • Carla K
    Carla K Ouray, CO
    To do what? The wallpaper faux or the epoxy treatment or faux finish with acrylic and polyurethane? Let me know and I can tell you how I did it.
  • Janice J
    Janice J Lumberton, TX
    Are there instructions that I can look at on the internet that tells how this was accomplished?
  • Carla K
    Carla K Ouray, CO
    Kareen, I don't know if it would work. If the tiles were waxed you'd have to clean them up because nothing will stick over a waxed surface, not even epoxy. I am sure epoxy would work over super clean tile and be OK in a shower area. Only concern would be
  • Laura S
    Laura S Chicago, IL
    Wow, how creative, I love your theme! Esp the ceiling with the zodiacs. Very nice work
  • Carla K
    Carla K Ouray, CO
    To KMS Woodworks. I looked at the link you posted. Thanks for sharing it. My honest opinion is that it looks a little over done, especially the pyramids in the living room. I wonder if those are actual paintings, like spell it murals?
  • Kareen L
    Kareen L Lubbock, TX
    Do you think this would work in a walk in shower? We bought a house a few years ago and then realized the tile in the shower had lost it's gloss. I think they waxed it for shine so that no one would notice and I am thinking this might work instead of
  • Carla K
    Carla K Ouray, CO
    OK, Miriam, thanks for the compliment. I did not use epoxy on the ceiling. I did this faux finish with artist acrylics and latex paint. Only the floor, counter top and toilette are treated with epoxy.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Carla...given the pics on the wall in your bath...you might be interested in this post

http://www.hometalk.com/search?filter=egyptia...

• Carol M
    Carol M Gig Harbor, WA
    You are a very clever woman.
Carla K