Hometalk.com

My fairy tale style shed

This is a 2 story shed I built with the help of a friend a few years ago. It actually has a second floor loft that is accessible via a permanent ladder inside. It has double garage doors in the back with ramps so I can get my tractor in and out easily. There are cedar shakes near the roof on the sides with a cute little window with shutters that swing out cottage style. I used old windows and an old door I had lying around and then built the shutters and window boxes. There is a matching window on the side and the windowbox flowers overflow by mid summer and cover half the windows. I love my little fairy tale shed and enjoy decorating it for summer. Deer, groundhogs and other wildlife enjoy hanging out there. Thanks for letting me share my love of gardening.
63 Comments Displaying 15 of 63 comments | See Previous
  • Donna L. Etchberger Shamokin, PA
    I think Juanita must be overwhelmed taking care of twins! However, that's no excuse to rain on someone else's parade. Your shed is simply adorable, Debbie. I don't think you over-did anything! Just because it houses a riding mower doesn't mean it should
  • a little girls play house, never mind shed
  • Sherry S Englewood, TN
    I think it is adorable! I love all the decorative touches. Flowers makes happy too!
  • Mary M Spencer, TN
    Debbie, this is so adorable!!!! You did a great job in decorating the front!!!
  • Cute as a bug, you did a great job! I'll share a few pics of our playhouse.

Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichigan

• Timberlane Shutters Montgomeryville, PA
    The shutters add so much appeal to this fairy tale shed!
  • Val E Grand Rapids, MI
    I would make it an outdoor retreat, to read, be by myself, study, sounds and looks grand. Probably would never go back in the house.
  • Catherine Smith Fredericksburg, VA
    That is darling, how clever and handy you are, ^-^
  • i want one so bad
  • Caitlyn San Jose, CA
    I'm with Carmella Milicia ! I need a shed so I can use your shed as inspiration! = )
  • If you ever decide to do the inside for a studio or gardening shed or other purpose than a shed please post pics of the inside! It has so much potential already. I love this!
  • Sandy Bowlin Gilbertsville, KY
    Oh my gosh, I just love this little house, love the colors and the size, love everything about it! Great job!!
  • Mary M Spencer, TN
    Sweet little gardening shed!!!! I wish I had one like it!! Like the other posts, please post pictures of the inside.
  • What a lovely job you have done. You're very talented. I've a couple of grandchildren who would be arguing over who would get to hang out there with the deer, groundhogs, etc. Thanks for sharing.