Hometalk.com

06.28.12

Gardening in the NE Florida rainy season.

This is a 2009 pic of me in the garden during the rainy season. With Tropical Storm Debbie upon NE Florida, gardening becomes quite a challenge.
10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    You're not kidding! I just picked up 3 30 gal. bags of debris ripped from my neighbor's oak tree this morning, and a walk around the yard this afternoon suggests, after all the wind today, I have another 6 30 gal. bags to collect. We've had an
  • Dried By Design Saint Augustine, FL
    This storm has the potential to destroy my 'flower' garden. Yes. Poor Tampa--You got pummeled. Word is NE Florida is going to get hammered for up to five days with Debbie.
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    We've had between 10 & 15" of rain over 4 days. Today was lighter rainfall, stronger more persistent winds..........all day long. What a mess! I have turned all my clay saucers over, so no water will sit. While the ground winds are there, they're
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Oh my. What am I going to return to? There was a drought when I left!
  • Dried By Design Saint Augustine, FL
    We should be getting that amount in the next few days, Becky. My flowers are annuals so the beating rain just beats them to the ground. Their tender roots hate the wet soil and disease sets in. I am not very hopeful and miserable about it.
  • Becky H Tampa, FL
    Douglas, I'm unsure how much rain you may have picked up. Some of those bands traveling through here made it all the way through the center of Fla., but don't know if it's touched the E. Coast. There have been several (what I'd call) significant bands
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    All I can say is we are lucky in Florida. I'm so sorry for people in Colorado & Texas and anywhere else there are fires that cannot be stopped. Even too much rain looks wonderful to me.
  • Dried By Design Saint Augustine, FL
    Clay County has been hit hard by Debby and Black Creek in Jacksonville and elsewhere. This was a record storm in terms of rain per hour. Some folks will be out of their homes for weeks and who knows what they will return to...
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Dried by Design, I certainly agree with your Mother Nature statement.
  • Dried By Design Saint Augustine, FL
    Thanks Sherrie!!
  • Like

Rachel R