what is the best and easiest way to drill holes in terra cotta pots, and inexpensive? | Hometalk
1K Views
2

what is the best and easiest way to drill holes in terra cotta pots, and inexpensive?

1K Views
2
  • Terri C
    Terri C Lower Lake, CA

I have a hand held Dremmel that I like to use for various projects and it works very well for drilling, carving, cutting , sanding etc . . there are a lot of different kinds of bit and cutter wheels that you can get with it or for it . .at most

• Harriette N
    Harriette N Mullins, SC

What kind of bit for the Dremmel; I have one of these already, would love to be able to use it for this project. Thanks!

• Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com

Dremmel makes drill bits for tile. Those would work fine, only the holes will be quite small. But using a tile cutting tip you would be able to make the holes larger.

• Harriette N
    Harriette N Mullins, SC

Thanks again everybody, a lot of really helpful info.

• Renata
    Renata Hermiston, OR

Does anyone know an easier way to drill several pots, lol. I have close to 100 pots to drill the small ones aren't that hard but the bigger ones are killing my arm..lol and I've went thru 4 dremmel bits. GRRRRRR, lol

­