After 23 years with the bedroom furniture in the very same position, I had had enough! You won't believe the changes we made in this room. From the walls to the bed linens to the furniture, it was either thrifted, given to us or a DIY project.
The walls were done with venetian plaster, a decorative coating system that looks rough but was smooth to the touch.There was no cohesiveness in the room, just a bunch of yard sale purchases and sentimental items I couldn’t part with it.
Here are more of the details: We moved the bed from under the long standard window to underneath the high wide windows.
The only piece of furniture that we took out of the room was a hope chest that was at the end of the bed, and it freed up the space immediately. My painting contractor husband built me the headboard out of louvered closet doors and I worked my magic with distressing.