Hometalk.com

Around the House 04.02.14

Drop Cloth Drapery Panels

When remodeling my son's room, I knew I wanted long drapery panels ... I just didn't want to have to spend too much on all that fabric. The solution? Simple canvas painter's drop cloth paired with less than a yard of pricier designer fabric and some ribbon to give the panels a much richer look ...

Find out how I made these drapes on my blog: http://www.itallstartedwithpaint.com/2012/03...

11 Comments Displaying 11 of 11 comments
  • Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    Linda,

I love this! I posted it on the Hometalk pinterest board! "DIY That Inspires!"

• Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Great job! The kind of room a kid will love! I have recommened this for privacy curtains around patios.
  • Ladena S Ava, MO
    That is so neat... My boys would have loved that
  • Andrea D Fort Thomas, KY
    Love this room! The colors are awesome.
  • Sherry C Portland, OR
    Fantastic colors in this room! Bold and exciting. The drapes turned out wonderful and really finish the room off perfectly.
  • Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    I wondered-do you think fabric glue could work? They are a great idea and just "rough" enough looking for the men in our lives.
  • @Dee W I think fabric glue would work fine. I only had to hem the tops and bottoms so you could absolutely fabric glue those seams ...
  • Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Thank-you
  • Sandra A Atlanta, GA
    I so love this!!! The colors are definitely in and I like how that is so simple!
  • Gloria M Temple, GA
    Impressive
  • Suzie W Madison, TN
    I own an Events space in Nashville. I used these with icicle lights over the top and down the sides of the 'curtains' that was simply placed over a temporary curtain rod ( an iron pipe!). It was a fabulous backdrop for the bride and grooms cake table-