How to Hide the Cable Box

Around the House 3 days ago
Our cabin was designed to have the TV on the mantel in the living room. {not designed by me} We've lived here 8 years and I'm working on embracing the idea of the TV on the mantel, but I will not embrace the cable box sitting next to it.

What to do?? Put it in a box. A decorative box. One I made just to fit. With scrap wood trims on the front.

Time: 6 Hours Cost: $5.00 Difficulty: Easy
  • As it looks when my guy is watching TV {he's a channel changer!}
  • My favorite part of making the box...the scrap wood door. I used left over trims to cover the MDF door.
  • How to Hide the Cable Box in a pretty box.

To see more:

• Niomi S
    Niomi S Layton, UT
    I hide wires with floral swags, planters. Boxes so thin they cover everything but the sensors
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    LOVE this idea!
  • Clou77
    Clou77 Leicester, MA
    Nothing like a cable box to ruin the decor. What a nice job!!
  • Bobbie B
    Bobbie B Fairfield, OH
    The box doesn't get too hot does it?
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      Bobbie B Actually there are 3 things I did to make sure the box doesn't get hot. First I asked the cable guy and he said the latest boxes do not get as hot as older boxes. But to
  • MarcioWilges
    MarcioWilges Australia
    Great job! Now the entire display looks flawless and beautiful all around. However, I am curious to know if the cable box can actually receive the signal from your remote control because the cover lid looks quite thick. Nevertheless, I still think it is
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      MarcioWilges Thank you for your sweet comments! Actually the door hangs open when the tv is on. If I was to redo it, I would have the pretty door flipped around so it looks
Jeanette Country Design Style

Search Feedback