How to Hide the Cable Box

Around the House 10.10.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Our cabin was designed to have the TV on the mantel in the living room. {not designed by me} We've lived here 8 years and I'm working on embracing the idea of the TV on the mantel, but I will not embrace the cable box sitting next to it.

What to do?? Put it in a box. A decorative box. One I made just to fit. With scrap wood trims on the front.

Time: 6 Hours Cost: $5.00 Difficulty: Easy
  • As it looks when my guy is watching TV {he's a channel changer!}
  • My favorite part of making the box...the scrap wood door. I used left over trims to cover the MDF door.
  • How to Hide the Cable Box in a pretty box.

To see more:

• MarcioWilges
    MarcioWilges Australia
    Great job! Now the entire display looks flawless and beautiful all around. However, I am curious to know if the cable box can actually receive the signal from your remote control because the cover lid looks quite thick. Nevertheless, I still think it is
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      MarcioWilges Thank you for your sweet comments! Actually the door hangs open when the tv is on. If I was to redo it, I would have the pretty door flipped around so it looks
  • Bobbie B
    Bobbie B Fairfield, OH
    The box doesn't get too hot does it?
    • Jeanette Country Design Style
      Bobbie B Actually there are 3 things I did to make sure the box doesn't get hot. First I asked the cable guy and he said the latest boxes do not get as hot as older boxes. But to
  • Clou77
    Clou77 Leicester, MA
    Nothing like a cable box to ruin the decor. What a nice job!!
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    LOVE this idea!
Jeanette Country Design Style

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post