Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 6 days ago

Salvaged door coffee table/storage bench

We saw some pretty pricey coffee tables made from doors and decided to try making our own. We like $31 way better than $hundreds! You can find a step-by-step tutorial on our blog: http://www.thissortaoldlife.com/2012/03/14/...
23 Comments Displaying 15 of 23 comments | See Previous
  • You're an old door salvage sister I never knew about!
  • This is one of the best all-time door repurposes I've ever laid eyes on. It's gorgeous and so original. I love the conversation it must bring on. :)
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    This is perfect for a family room! There is always a lot of clutter that needs a home so you can get it up out of the way. I love throws and I store them on the bottom shelf of the bookcase part of the entertainment center. Great job!
  • Esther D Baltimore, MD
    Thank you ladies... wide smiles on my face at your wise use of tools .
  • Rita and Cane Gresham, OR
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. We actually use this as a seating bench (we made it a bit too tall for a coffee table), and we really like it.
  • Very cool repurposing!
  • Awesome job!
  • Laura Aguero Irving, TX
    Love this!
  • KAREN L Amsterdam, NY
    this is soon funny i just got all of the parts i needed to do one of these. can't wait. great job. it's beautiful
  • Rita and Cane Gresham, OR
    Thanks, Karen. Hope it works well for you!
  • Gay Watkins Canton, GA
    I have some very old doors that I am going to make this with!!!!!!
  • Rita and Cane Gresham, OR
    Hope you enjoy yours, Gay. Ours is holding up well and we still really like it.
  • Laura LeBach Browns Mills, NJ
    such a great idea,,adding a family room gonna use ur idea for my coffee table....ty
  • Cool idea.. I really like this.
  • Love this, what a great idea.