Ripping carpet off the stairs

Basement 06.07.15
One of my favorite projects to date, ripping off old carpet, adding molding and painting my old stairs and adding a runner. I'm working on a 1979 house renovation now with stairs just like these and I've got some fun plans for them too. This time, I'm going to add pine stair treads and will paint them and add a pretty runner. Stay tuned for that one! In the meantime, this might give you some ideas if you have carpet you hate! I detest carpet on stairs.

For all the details, see this post on my blog: http://southernhospitalityblog.com/the-down...

• Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Thanks so much! I'm getting ready to add painted pine stair treads to my new house with another runner.
  • Connie K
    Connie K Kennesaw, GA
    Rhonda, you may be my "inspiration example". I have been wanting to remove the carpet from our stairs also but can't get buy-in from my hubby. Perhaps this will help convince him.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Rhoda, I love this before and after and adore that runner you used! I'm trying to talk my hubby into painting the treads black, but he's not hearing any of it. I'm going to show him your stairs as inspiration!
  • Nicholas Post
    Nicholas Post Oakland, CA
    I did the same thing when my wife and I purchased a house back in 2008. The stairways lead to our upstairs renovated master bedroom and two post-attic studios.
  • Charlotte Belange
    Way to go girl it looks real nice
Rhoda V