Pallet Wall Room Transformation

antique redos 02.23.15
We started with a plain slate, tiny little bedroom and transformed it it with a major statement wall made from completely free pallets. We used a combination of white and grey paint to white wash each plank to cool down the warm wood tones. Adding industrial lighting and some fun DIYed accessories brought the whole room together!

You can see the full tutorial at http://www.eastcoastcreativeblog.com/2011/10...

-Monica and Jess (East Coast Creative Blog)

#Bestof2012

• Tricia @ Simplicity In The South
    I just wanted to tell you that I loved this room so much that it inspired me to do my teenage son's office-in-a-closet with something very similar. I mentioned your post as my inspiration. This is awesome! http://simplicityinthesouth.blogspot.com/201...
  • Aj K
    Aj K Las Vegas, NV
    i love this technique. I just wish I could find used boards like that out here
    • Tom
      Tom Brighton, CO
      Aj K - look on Craiglist under free - here in the Denver area there are daily postings for free pallets. You could probably even approach some businesses if you see pallets behind
  • Dee - A Lapin Life
    That is one beautiful wall and a super looking feature.
  • Restoration House Interiors
    I absolutely love this although my pallets in the garage right now are super new! Could stain 'em but I am too lazy for that! LOL...will look for some busted and old ones! Thanks for sharing this! Pinned it too!
  • Judith Anderson
    Judith Anderson Veradale, WA
    I love this post! My husband and I just started this project today on our daughter's room. We bought the girls a new comforter and are pulling the colors for the room off of it. Thank you for the detailed description of what you did and photos to go
  • Karen - The Graphics Fairy
    I love this! What a gorgeous wall!
  • Aj K
    Aj K Las Vegas, NV
    @Restoration House Interior... on u'r pallets...if they r 2 new, then take a torch to them. The grain will stand out. I saw it down to regular doors on DIY & it looked sooo great!
  • Daune | Cottage in the Oaks
    Love this! You guys did a wonderful job! :)
  • Dria @ Dio
    Dria @ Dio Boston, MA
    Wow that is gorgeous!
  • Forestine M
    Forestine M Statesville, NC
    And a very good statement at that...
  • Loietta A
    Loietta A Anderson, CA
    We did something like this with old fencing in a small bath. A cast iron tub, sink ; lots of old stuff, and plenty of antiques. we now have a bath that's charming. And totally green.
  • Vintage Headboards
    I also did something similar for my son's room. I ripped the boards the same width. The challenge was finding the wood with the same or similar color and thickness then trying to remove all of the nails and screws without damaging the wood. My son loved
    • Meem Kaplan
      Meem Kaplan Bay Center, WA
      Vintage Headboards Love, love, love this look! However, living in an earthquake zone, I would not have trophies (or anything) above the bed. But especially not trophies!
  • Terri Simandl
    Terri Simandl Wellford, SC
    Wow I love it, I am doing this to a wall, when I get brave enough. Looks great!
  • Judy
    Judy Grants Pass, OR
    A word of caution: We lived in a home with rough wood walls. The bugs loved to nest in the cracks, especially spiders.
    • Meem Kaplan
      Meem Kaplan Bay Center, WA
      Judy Spiders don't like mint. Just spray the walls with some mint essential oil in water.

• Judy
      Judy Grants Pass, OR
      Meem Kaplan Thanks...We have regular paneling now but since we live in the woods we still have spiders. I'll try that. Would freshen the air too.
  • Danielle R
    Danielle R Spencer, WI
    This is a great project!
East Coast Creative Blog