Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

How do I black wash paint ?

09.12.12
Pirate ship we built for our grand boys! I want this pirate ship/fort/swing set to look stressed and worn. For those that have see my earlier posting please forgive me for re posting. Having troubles loading my photo!
12 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 12 of 12 comments
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H Yakima, WA
    This is so wonderful! What a loving thing to make for the boys, so many memories to be made!
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    This is fantastic. I am jealous of your grandkids.
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    WOW... now that is some playground! Totally amazing. Those lucky boys will never forget this playground. :)

Donna

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I do not know what kind of lumber you used, but unless you used the pressure treated kind, I would worry more about making sure this lasts than trying to get a particular look for it...??? This is too fantastic to allow the elements to damage it before
  • G B
    G B Ripley, TN
    Paint it, then sand off areas for a distressed look.
  • Robin A
    Robin A Jacksonville, FL
    Pressure Treated
  • The Space Between
    The Space Between Key West, FL
    This is really, really cool! You could apply a stain or even water down some paint to create a glaze and give it an uneven finish that looks aged. Either way, I'm sure it will provide many hours of enjoyment. :)
  • Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    I second the space between....and I think the weather will help a little bit with the distressing!
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Glad you got this up, Robin! Way cool. Welcome to Hometalk!
  • Serendipity R
    Serendipity R Downers Grove, IL
    Cabot makes a semi-transparent (and also semi-solid) stain in a color called black that is meant for outdoor use. I used their oil based semi-transparent stain on my cedar shake house ten years ago and it's held up wonderfully! The semi-transparent
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    You win grandmom of the year for this one!
  • Susan Lynn
    Did you come up with the plans yourself or where would I be able to find plans for this. I have looked before, but was unable to find any. I would appreciate any information you could give me. Another grammie wanting to make this for her grandkids.
Robin A

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing