How do I black wash paint ?

09.12.12
Pirate ship we built for our grand boys! I want this pirate ship/fort/swing set to look stressed and worn. For those that have see my earlier posting please forgive me for re posting. Having troubles loading my photo!
  • Thistlewood
    Thistlewood Grand Rivers, KY
    I second the space between....and I think the weather will help a little bit with the distressing!
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    Glad you got this up, Robin! Way cool. Welcome to Hometalk!
  • Serendipity R
    Serendipity R Downers Grove, IL
    Cabot makes a semi-transparent (and also semi-solid) stain in a color called black that is meant for outdoor use. I used their oil based semi-transparent stain on my cedar shake house ten years ago and it's held up wonderfully! The semi-transparent
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    You win grandmom of the year for this one!
  • Susan Lynn
    Did you come up with the plans yourself or where would I be able to find plans for this. I have looked before, but was unable to find any. I would appreciate any information you could give me. Another grammie wanting to make this for her grandkids.
Robin A