Hometalk.com

27 Comments Displaying 15 of 27 comments | See Previous
  • GRRREAT! LOOKS WONDERFUL IN YOUR ROOM.
  • Jenna, SAS Interiors Saratoga Springs, NY
    What a fabulous idea!
  • Donna M Austinburg, OH
    Awesome! Just awesome! Love it! Great job!!!!
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Hubby here to respond to a couple posts. The safety issue is a legitimate concern, as it is with any glass table. However, manufactured glass tops use tempered glass designed to both strengthen the glass and affect the way the glass shatters if it
  • Debbi Madisonville, KY
    I just got a great deal on 3 of these windows today! So gonna do this!
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Debbi I want to score some more windows, too! We're patiently waiting to find some on the curb!
  • Debbi Madisonville, KY
    Also want to try the faux window with window boxes.
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I love this idea....but I too would be concerned with safety. I think It would look stunning made as a shadow box with shelves but not as a table unless the glass was swapped out or plexiglass was tacked on top.
  • Pat Grand Rapids, MI
    Curious if chicken wire attached on the inside would help give the glass a bit more support? Certainly it would give it a different look, but I wonder if it would be "safer" ..
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Hi Pat. I'm not sure if that would give much support at all. This table isn't designed for little kids in mind (ours are grown or almost grown) and certainly not to support weight. It's definitely a thought, though.
  • Peg Williamsport, MD
    LOVE this idea, I am gonna try it, just got 10 windows really cheap. Where did you get the wood for the table part, I want that "rustic" look, thanks.
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    Peg My husband used fence boards. If you click on the link you can read about it on my blog or here's another post with more info on the wood: http://www.martysmusings.net/2013/02/fence-b...
  • Peg Williamsport, MD
    Thank so much !
  • Dianna Wood Rancho Cordova, CA
    Love this!