Laundry Room Pedestals | Hometalk
44K views

Laundry Room Pedestals

House updates 6 days ago
44K views
We saved over $400 by building our own pedestals for our washer and dryer. We spent a little more money in order to include the drawers/storage space. Love 'em!
http://justagirlblog.com/diy-pedestals/

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
20 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 6  of  20 | See Previous
  • Brian Campbell, Basswood Artisan Carpentry

If drawers seem daunting, you can make the pedestal with open cubbies and add baskets for extra laundry supplies, etc. You could also keep a small step stool in there. ;)

• Polly Zieper
      Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL

@Brian Campbell, Basswood Artisan Carpentry That's more my speed, I thinkI'll try that, good idea!

• Joni
    Joni Victoria, TX

Wow! I tried to explain this to my hubby ONE week ago, but he couldnt "picture" it....I kept telling him , "just build a shelf thats strong enough to hold my w/d and tall enough to stick baskets under for storage!"...I Wish I had seen all this and I

• Sheila Ollis
    Sheila Ollis Marion, NC

Love this idea, I think I would like to build it only use laundry baskets in place of drawers, because my laundry area is so small already.

• Le'
    Le' Woodville, TX

I didn't want space under the w/d ....just wanted to get them up so I wouldn't have to bend so low.....just built a box and sat them on...perfect!

• Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL

How did you know that plywood would support such a heavy appliance?How thick is the plywood? I saw the commercially- made pedastals in Lowe's when we bought our machines, and assumed there mustmetal supporting them.

­