Laundry Room Pedestals

We saved over $400 by building our own pedestals for our washer and dryer. We spent a little more money in order to include the drawers/storage space. Love 'em!

http://justagirlblog.com/diy-pedestals/

• Vicki
    Vicki Smyrna, GA
    thanks for sharing.
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    I was shocked when I bought my new washer. Then I found out it needed a pedestal - they don't tell you that ahead of time. I wish I had seen your posting before buying the pedestal. Brilliant idea.
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    You two are to be commended! Not only did you save money, but you've a much better looking space at the same time.
  • Just a Girl
    Just a Girl Rockford, MI
    Thank you! I had fully intended on buying the pedestals with the purchase of the w/d UNTIL I realized how expensive they are. Goodness!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Nice alternative to buying them!
  • Sherrie S
    Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Just a Girl, I bought mine on the internet and had it delivered & then found out I needed to have the pedestal because it was 3/4 the height of my previous washer.
  • Crystal - 29 Rue House
    These look great! We've made drawers in a couple things so far and they are awesome!
  • Just a Girl
    Just a Girl Rockford, MI
    Thank you, Crystal! Not gonna lie--the drawers were a lot of work, but I'm so glad we opted to do them. :)
  • Brian Campbell, Basswood Artisan Carpentry
    You might also find it handy to make those low drawers also work as step stools if you have a wall cabinet or shelf above the washer and dryer that aren't easy to reach. Here is one I made in a vanity toe kick:
  • CC
    Great idea...I think we'll do this minus the drawers...thanks for the pictures!
    If drawers seem daunting, you can make the pedestal with open cubbies and add baskets for extra laundry supplies, etc. You could also keep a small step stool in there. ;)
  • Joni
    Joni Victoria, TX
    Wow! I tried to explain this to my hubby ONE week ago, but he couldnt "picture" it....I kept telling him , "just build a shelf thats strong enough to hold my w/d and tall enough to stick baskets under for storage!"...I Wish I had seen all this and I
  • Sheila Ollis
    Sheila Ollis Marion, NC
    Love this idea, I think I would like to build it only use laundry baskets in place of drawers, because my laundry area is so small already.
  • Le'
    Le' Woodville, TX
    I didn't want space under the w/d ....just wanted to get them up so I wouldn't have to bend so low.....just built a box and sat them on...perfect!
  • Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL
    How did you know that plywood would support such a heavy appliance?How thick is the plywood? I saw the commercially- made pedastals in Lowe's when we bought our machines, and assumed there mustmetal supporting them.
Just a Girl