Laundry Room Pedestals

Laundry room 13 hours ago

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
We saved over $400 by building our own pedestals for our washer and dryer. We spent a little more money in order to include the drawers/storage space. Love 'em!

• DIY laundry room pedestals for $100
  • Pedestal drawers
  • Brian Campbell, Basswood Artisan Carpentry
    If drawers seem daunting, you can make the pedestal with open cubbies and add baskets for extra laundry supplies, etc. You could also keep a small step stool in there. ;)
  • Joni
    Joni Victoria, TX
    Wow! I tried to explain this to my hubby ONE week ago, but he couldnt "picture" it....I kept telling him , "just build a shelf thats strong enough to hold my w/d and tall enough to stick baskets under for storage!"...I Wish I had seen all this and I
  • Sheila Ollis
    Sheila Ollis Marion, NC
    Love this idea, I think I would like to build it only use laundry baskets in place of drawers, because my laundry area is so small already.
  • Le'
    Le' Woodville, TX
    I didn't want space under the w/d ....just wanted to get them up so I wouldn't have to bend so low.....just built a box and sat them on...perfect!
  • Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper Fort Lauderdale, FL
    How did you know that plywood would support such a heavy appliance?How thick is the plywood? I saw the commercially- made pedastals in Lowe's when we bought our machines, and assumed there mustmetal supporting them.
Just a Girl

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post