Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
07.22.11

My zucchini and squash are flowering nicely but no veggies.

Today I found a tiny squash that just fell off the vine. What is going on?I grew tons in California now I'm in Marietta Ga. What should I do?
3 Comments Displaying 3 of 3 comments
  • JL Spring & Associates
    Hi Jill, without being an expert gardener I can only think of 3 reasons why the plants aren't producing...either the nitrogen levels are high which make lots of flowers but no "babies" , or there's a pollination problem where the Bees are disappearing
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    JL gives you good advice, Jill. Zucchini plants produce male and female blooms and for proper fruit set, the pollen must be transferred from the male to the female blooms. This is usually done by pollinating insects, primarily honeybees. If pollen
  • Erica Glasener
    Erica Glasener Atlanta, GA
    Jill, While my flower garden looks good this year despite our mostly dry and extremely hot weather my veggie garden is another story. Just to let you know you are not alone.
Jill

Stay updated on all the latest home and garden trends! It's free & easy and takes just a sec!