Just another way to use a washboard.

01.17.16
I needed more storage in my laundry room, so built some truly "rustic" corner cabinets. After extensive searching, I was able to locate 2 new washboards to use as the doors on the corner cabinets.

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Thanks Sharron. Hey, I was having fun. First, I was just going to make open corner shelves; then, I decided they should be made into cabinets...........like I'm a cabinet maker..........NOT! Once considering making cabinets, the question was, how
  • Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    How clever! I love washboards but have never thought to do this. Great paint job on the plaid. That takes some talent!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Donna, I appreciate your kind words. I just couldn't think of anything more appropriate as doors than old washboards in the laundry room. It made me laugh.
  • Frankie Laney
    Frankie Laney Oceanside, CA
    ....and thank God, we don't need to do the wash with those old washboards anymore!!
  • Mary M. Prinzavalli
    Mary M. Prinzavalli Saint Louis, MO
    Yes Frankie I agree with you but for us older generation it gives you memories when maybe your mom used one. I know we had one but do not remember her using it but I do remember our wringer washer and that was work too. It makes you appreciate your
Becky H