Just another way to use a washboard.

05.06.15
I needed more storage in my laundry room, so built some truly "rustic" corner cabinets. After extensive searching, I was able to locate 2 new washboards to use as the doors on the corner cabinets.
  • The original washboard frame is painted bright green, to emphasize its original shape for those who would not otherwise made the connection. The pink in the plaid ties it with the door I painted pink.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    VERY impressive and a great touch for the laundry area to use washboards on the cabinets!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Thanks Sharron. Hey, I was having fun. First, I was just going to make open corner shelves; then, I decided they should be made into cabinets...........like I'm a cabinet maker..........NOT! Once considering making cabinets, the question was, how
  • Donna R
    Donna R Lumberton, TX
    How clever! I love washboards but have never thought to do this. Great paint job on the plaid. That takes some talent!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    Donna, I appreciate your kind words. I just couldn't think of anything more appropriate as doors than old washboards in the laundry room. It made me laugh.
  • Frankie Laney
    Frankie Laney Oceanside, CA
    ....and thank God, we don't need to do the wash with those old washboards anymore!!
Becky H