what is the best way to attach a dishwasher to a granite counter top?

The installation guy attached it to the side of my cabinet and it is splitting the wood. I used epoxy to attach it to the granite and it won't allow for the door to shut enough to kick on....any other ideas?
  • Hewitt Remodeling Services LLC
    Hewitt Remodeling Service... Virginia Beach, VA

I have seen DWs attached directly to the granite...similiar to what they do to fasten an undermount sink to the stone, but

• KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Ive installed some to a wood filler strip that is mounted to the underside of the granite, This only needs to be about 1/2 thick. it is set to the granite with a PL type adhesive.
  • Paul R
    Paul R Mandeville, LA
    How thick is the epoxy that you used? If it is preventing your door from closing all the way it may be a matter of just lowering the dishwasher by a small amount. The brackets on the top of the dishwasher are usually flexible and the bottom of the
  • Culpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
    KMS you are awesome, that is a great idea, you always have good ideas.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I installed a Fisher paykel (sp?) last fall ...it was a double drawer unit. It also had side mounts...to keep the cabinet rails from splitting pilot holes should be drilled and the screws sized appropriately. the above splitting was most likely caused
Kristen B
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post