How can stains on fiberglass tubs be removed?

there are stains caused by a water well on the fiberglass tubs in a rental home that my son is renovating. Do any of you know how we can clean them?
  • Jessica Parker
    Cut a fresh lemon. Spinkly baking soda on the lemon and use the lemon lime a sponge and squeeze and use the juice and baking soda. I just sprinkling the baking soda on the lemon and keep scrubbing. Then use hot wet rag to rinse. Great for soapscum. I
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    When we go into rentals with this problem we use two things. The Works, toilet bowl cleaner. We run a little water spray it on with a old spray nosel and turn in the fan and leave the room, don't get it on facets it will arc them or spot them. I carry
    • Judy Richards
      Judy Richards Middleburgh, NY
      @ Sherrie I also use "The Works" around here only found at The Dollar General...I have hard well water and it leaves the brown stains EVERYwhere: shower, sink, washer!
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    There is also a product called Supper Iron Out.
  • Gail
    gail Irving, TX
    At Lows or Home Depot or any store like that get some Muriatic Acid comes in a gallon plastic jug wipe it on and rinse with soap and water do not use on metal but you can rinse it fast with soap and water like in the bathtub or sink but do not use in the
  • Josephine Howland
    Josephine Howland Conway, NH
    I have tried so many things to get the orange iron stains out of my tub/shower, the only thing that at least lightened them was TSP from HD or Lowes.
    • Pat
      Pat Euless, TX
      Shari Yes, they tell me it is fiberglass. I've never had a tub or shower that I couldn't clean to look like new. :( Just so frustrating!
Becky