Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY $1.87 kitchen cabinet feet from curtain finials!

DIY Kitchen Remodel 2 hours ago
At up to $60 a foot, I could not afford to purchase cabinet feet for my DIY Kitchen remodel, so I decided to make my own...from curtain finials! A year later and they are holding up great! Get the full tutorial at: http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2011/05/make... ~Heather #MyKitchen
43 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 15 of 43 comments | See Previous
  • Better Outdoor Living at Home
    That's a great idea!
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I love it someone thinks outside the box! Great idea!
  • Homeroad
    Homeroad Greenlawn, NY
    Love it Heather! Did you use chalk paint on those cabinets?
  • ReCreate Design Co.
    brilliant idea!
  • At The Picket Fence
    At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    Homeroad, no I painted the cabinets using Sherwin Williams oil based cabinet paint. We are so rough on our kitchen I needed to know that I would have a very durable finish. that
  • Sia@South 47th
    Sia@South 47th Sacramento, CA
    OMG I love this idea! Gonna try this, next weekend! Thank you!!
  • Porta Verde Studio
    Heather - Finally someone who has used oil paint and realizes the merit of it! I am getting so burned out hearing about chalk paint! Oil paint and lacquer (which is sprayed on) have always been the "go to" products for cabinet makers. I have not yet met
  • White Oak Studio Designs
    Very clever! I used similar curtain rods ends to make finials for a vintage headboard/footboard I painted for my grand daughter. They were painted with chalk paint, waxed and glued on.
  • Dolvin Henry
    Dolvin Henry Chesnee, SC
    wow...very clever !! Why can't I ever think of things like this? LOL
  • Pat Dollar
    Pat Dollar Joshua Tree, CA
    I am so impressed with this idea. I would have never considered using these.
  • Janet Smith
    Janet Smith College Station, TX
    What a wonderful idea! I was wondering this morning how to add "feet" to the vanity in my guest bathroom. . . and now I know! Thank you so very much!!
  • Lori
    Lori Doylestown, PA
    What a fantastic idea! This is one more project to add to my list. It looks great!
  • Cindy
    Cindy Ticonderoga, NY
    Love this. So smart.
  • Change of Art
    Change of Art Chicago, IL
    So clever – thank you for sharing this handy tip!
  • Pat Nolan
    Pat Nolan Pasadena, TX
    $60 a foot is outrageous. Where did you find them for that much (I want to see them.) I am facing a similar problem on drawer hardware btw. I've found a few wood knobs for under $2, but the nice stuff can go for $10 and up. You did good.
At The Picket Fence

Posts You May Like

Continue browsing