Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 7 days ago

DIY $1.87 kitchen cabinet feet from curtain finials!

At up to $60 a foot, I could not afford to purchase cabinet feet for my DIY Kitchen remodel, so I decided to make my own...from curtain finials! A year later and they are holding up great! Get the full tutorial at: http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2011/05/make... ~Heather #MyKitchen
39 Comments Displaying 15 of 39 comments | See Previous
  • Barb Rosen Wilmington, DE
    Great project idea - I'll try it in our kitchen too! Thanks!
  • Lynn Johnson Fulton, TX
    LOVE this idea!
  • Awesome!! I've pinned and clipped so I don't forget this tip! :)
  • Terri J York, PA
    Never would have thought of this until I saw it - Thank you for posting it and sharing it with us!
  • That's a great idea!
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I love it someone thinks outside the box! Great idea!
  • Homeroad Greenlawn, NY
    Love it Heather! Did you use chalk paint on those cabinets?
  • brilliant idea!
  • At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    Homeroad, no I painted the cabinets using Sherwin Williams oil based cabinet paint. We are so rough on our kitchen I needed to know that I would have a very durable finish. that said, I do love
  • Sia@South 47th Sacramento, CA
    OMG I love this idea! Gonna try this, next weekend! Thank you!!
  • Heather - Finally someone who has used oil paint and realizes the merit of it! I am getting so burned out hearing about chalk paint! Oil paint and lacquer (which is sprayed on) have always been the "go to" products for cabinet makers. I have not yet met
  • Very clever! I used similar curtain rods ends to make finials for a vintage headboard/footboard I painted for my grand daughter. They were painted with chalk paint, waxed and glued on.
  • Dolvin Henry Chesnee, SC
    wow...very clever !! Why can't I ever think of things like this? LOL
  • Pat Dollar Joshua Tree, CA
    I am so impressed with this idea. I would have never considered using these.
  • Janet Smith College Station, TX
    What a wonderful idea! I was wondering this morning how to add "feet" to the vanity in my guest bathroom. . . and now I know! Thank you so very much!!