DIY Sawhorse Desk for $50

I was able to recreate a $700 Restoration Hardware desk for around $50. This is a really easy build and I may just steal it for my own room ;-)! You can see more tips and photos at http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2012/07/restora...
  • Hometipster.com
    Hometipster.com Columbus, MS
    Lovely desk and what a money saver. Amazing how much you can save with some effort and talent. Nice job!
  • Shanty2Chic
    Shanty2Chic Colleyville, TX
    Thanks so much!! It started as a hobby, and has become quite addicting! I appreciate it! :-)
  • Rhoda V
    Rhoda V Kennesaw, GA
    Beautiful desk! Nice to see you girls at Hometalk.
  • Shanty2Chic
    Shanty2Chic Colleyville, TX
    Thanks so much Rhoda! We love it!!
  • Carrie D
    Awedome idea!
  • Elissa C
    Elissa C Malverne, NY
    wonderful!
  • Richard S
    Richard S Nicholasville, KY
    College kids have been doing this for years -- that and cinder block book shelves.
  • Kelly S
    Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    Great job. I also use the the high $$ catalogs for inspiration but save a lot because of inspiration and perspiration.
  • Judy C
    Judy C Bennington, NE
    Really like it & the shelves on each side for storage.....great idea.
  • FunkyJunk Interiors - Donna
    You two ROCK building. Truly... this is so incredibly inspiring! So cool to see you on HT!

Donna

• Shanty2Chic
    Shanty2Chic Colleyville, TX
    Thanks so much guys! Donna... It's great seeing you! We are just now learning about HT and we love it!!
  • Pj M
    very nice !
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne Teaneck, NJ
    Love the simplicity of this Hmmmm Im thinking a glass top and it would be perfect for for a home office or craft table. TY o much for sharing :)
  • Colleen
    Colleen Fargo, ND
    I really like this !
  • Comet
    Comet Oradell, NJ
    LOL this is a campaign desk--so RH "stole" the idea from the ancients! I have one with three drawers in it---so a rectangle with three boxes inside!--and metal trim and cross braces. The drawers have the inset bronze looking handles. The whole point of
Shanty2Chic