Hometalk.com

For the Garden 5 days ago

Re-purposed windows and doors.

My husband and I built this greenhouse using our collection of old windows and french doors. It has a cute chandelier inside and icicle lights that set it off at night.
68 Comments Displaying 15 of 68 comments | See Previous
  • Wanda K Amherst, MA
    Wow.
  • Joe Bingham West Jordan, UT
    Experienced and professional services for<a href="http://www.greatcanadian.ca/services/windows-and-doors">windows and doors in Calgary!</a> These are nice!
  • Theresa Shaut Grand Haven, MI
    Love the colors also, very cute.
  • Lorraine Edwards Wilmington, DE
    That's so cool!
  • William Gabbard Junction City, OH
    I love the idea of repurposing items and I really like what you've done with the windows and doors. I was just wondering what kind of floor you used in your greenhouse?
  • Linda J Mc Kinney, TX
    William, we used flat stone & pea gravel. Don't have to worry about water messing things up.
  • Kat =^.^= Boulder City, NV
    oh my goodness! this is so pretty and inviting! great job! i bet it was fun building it! i have a ton of windows and screens from a 1930s home here in my little town. i wanted to build one of these but the wind is just awful here at 38 mph and upwards
  • Terri S Oolitic, IN
    That is adorable!
  • Toni Pardoe Ellsworth Spanish Fork, UT
    I LOVE THIS!!!
  • Bonnie D Irving, TX
    I want one please!! Think my husband is listening? sigh
  • Southeast Solar Co Norcross, GA
    Does anyone know where I can get "used" re purposed windows for a similar larger project in the Metro Atlanta area? We think we could use heavy clear plastic for the roof to let the light in. But will need glass doors and windows..
    • Lynn C Mathews, VA
      Southeast Solar Co Do you have a free cycle in your area? I got a nice claw foot bathtub that I use for growing plants that like a bog environment like pitcher plants. Check online there may be one and you can find lots of great things there..free!
  • What talent! A beautiful place. Love this!

Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichigan

• Lynn C Mathews, VA
    Fabulous! I have a similar house in my garden made from old windows. Love it!
  • Luisa Florida, NY
    Can you tell specifically how you made this and from where you obtained your materials?