Mudroom Built Ins from Ikea Bookcases for $300

Living Room 11.17.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Detailed step-by-step instructions (and additional pictures) can be found on my blog here:

Basically, I assembled 2 Billy Bookcases, 1 Billy Wall Shelf, 1 Smadal TV Console from IKEA and attached them to the wall up against a section of beadboard forming an inverted "U" shape. I also attached the bookshelves to the wall shelf for added stability. I left the TV stand free and just pushed it against the wall (as a bench and shoe storage) so that I could remove it to sweep under it. I did reinforce the TV stand with some metal L brackets to support the weight of my kids sitting (and standing and jumping) on it.

Where the shelves met the wall, I added quarter round trim and added corbels under the wall shelf for architectural interest. I also added crown molding along the tops of the shelves.

I had paint color matched and painted all the trim, beadboard and crown molding "Ikea White" (which is actually more of a cream

• Finished "Built In" Mudroom Wall
  • Breakdown of the IKEA cabinetry components
  • Finishing the cabinets with crown molding, quarter round and corbels
  • The finished Built Ins
  • Adding crown, quarter round and corbels
  • All the IKEA components and how they are laid out

To see more:

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post