Hometalk.com

Decor Ideas 03.14.14

When cleaning out the garage inspires instead of just tires........

Last summer I forced myself to clean out our garage. Underneath all of our junk were a few hidden treasures. When I cleared off of our old workbench I was inspired to pull it out of the garage, where it had been sorely underused, and repurpose it as a potting bench. We use it so much more now! Check this out for all the details http://www.ourfifthhouse.com/2011/06/potting... and see how it's still being used in our patio here. http://www.ourfifthhouse.com/2012/04/2012-su...
21 Comments Displaying 15 of 21 comments | See Previous
  • Karen Chandler, AZ
    Wow, looks great! Thanks for the inspiration. I have a similar workbench that I've been using as a potting bench but didn't even think of sprucing it up. I love what you've done! I may have to be a copy cat! Thanks for sharing!
  • My garage scares me - maybe I need to go inside and get inspired!
  • Linda T Stewartstown, PA
    Nice results.
  • Eleanor P Brooksville, FL
    Great recycling idea. Very cute. I am properly jealous!
  • Angela B Bristol, TN
    Fantastic idea and I cannot wait to rifle through our garage for treasure to make a similar one ! Thanks for sharing !
  • Marg C Middletown, NY
    would you look at that! It's beautiful! and you can also use the chalkboard to jot down to-do lists for gardening! I have an awful memory but also, if I work off a list I seem to get more done and just love checking things off that list :) What a
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    You know, I built a similar Potting Bench several yers ago and although it's still in good shape my recent Re-finish of our Porch Bench made me wonder why I never painted it...LOL...SO, I'm thinking that is the next thing I'll be working on cause yours
  • Every time I walk in the house through the garage, I feel stressed and overwhelmed. I love your potting bench! I know that I don't have any tables out in my garage, but I'm definitely inspired to get busy organizing.
  • I just pulled a shelf out of the fire pit that my boyfriend was going to burn! I told him I would find a new use for it and you just gave me the perfect idea! Thank you!
  • Jenny Magli Skandia, MI
    Great idea!
  • Jim Jakes Nashville, TN
    Can you ever have enough shelf space? Looks good.
  • Barbara Sawyer Umatilla, FL
    I am inspired! What a wonderful creative imagination you have. It's hard for me to see a piece of junk and repurpose it, but I am learning.
  • Ashley Rane Sparks Santa Ana, CA
    This is so cute! It's exactly what I need in my back yard. I'm inspired to look through my garage to see what we have that could be used for this!
  • Jane Menges Belleville, MI
    Can I adopt you for this project???
  • Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
    great idea ,,,,also love the chalk boards,,, ,,great for,,, to buy list, layout of garden, planting dates, plant tours and sales and lots more....