When cleaning out the garage inspires instead of just tires........

repair stuff 01.13.15
Last summer I forced myself to clean out our garage. Underneath all of our junk were a few hidden treasures. When I cleared off of our old workbench I was inspired to pull it out of the garage, where it had been sorely underused, and repurpose it as a potting bench. We use it so much more now! Check this out for all the details http://www.ourfifthhouse.com/2011/06/potting... and see how it's still being used in our patio here. http://www.ourfifthhouse.com/2012/04/2012-su...
  • Karen
    Karen Chandler, AZ
    Wow, looks great! Thanks for the inspiration. I have a similar workbench that I've been using as a potting bench but didn't even think of sprucing it up. I love what you've done! I may have to be a copy cat! Thanks for sharing!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    My garage scares me - maybe I need to go inside and get inspired!
  • Linda T
    Linda T Stewartstown, PA
    Nice results.
  • Eleanor P
    Eleanor P Brooksville, FL
    Great recycling idea. Very cute. I am properly jealous!
  • Angela B
    Angela B Bristol, TN
    Fantastic idea and I cannot wait to rifle through our garage for treasure to make a similar one ! Thanks for sharing !
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    would you look at that! It's beautiful! and you can also use the chalkboard to jot down to-do lists for gardening! I have an awful memory but also, if I work off a list I seem to get more done and just love checking things off that list :) What a
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    You know, I built a similar Potting Bench several yers ago and although it's still in good shape my recent Re-finish of our Porch Bench made me wonder why I never painted it...LOL...SO, I'm thinking that is the next thing I'll be working on cause yours
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Every time I walk in the house through the garage, I feel stressed and overwhelmed. I love your potting bench! I know that I don't have any tables out in my garage, but I'm definitely inspired to get busy organizing.
  • Denise Wheeler-Mayo
    I just pulled a shelf out of the fire pit that my boyfriend was going to burn! I told him I would find a new use for it and you just gave me the perfect idea! Thank you!
  • Jenny Magli
    Jenny Magli Skandia, MI
    Great idea!
  • Jim Jakes
    Jim Jakes Nashville, TN
    Can you ever have enough shelf space? Looks good.
  • Barbara Sawyer
    Barbara Sawyer Umatilla, FL
    I am inspired! What a wonderful creative imagination you have. It's hard for me to see a piece of junk and repurpose it, but I am learning.
  • Ashley Rane Sparks
    Ashley Rane Sparks Santa Ana, CA
    This is so cute! It's exactly what I need in my back yard. I'm inspired to look through my garage to see what we have that could be used for this!
  • Jane
    jane Belleville, MI
    Can I adopt you for this project???
  • Wanda sinnema
    Wanda sinnema Seattle, WA
    great idea ,,,,also love the chalk boards,,, ,,great for,,, to buy list, layout of garden, planting dates, plant tours and sales and lots more....
Carmel P