When cleaning out the garage inspires instead of just tires........

Last summer I forced myself to clean out our garage. Underneath all of our junk were a few hidden treasures. When I cleared off of our old workbench I was inspired to pull it out of the garage, where it had been sorely underused, and repurpose it as a potting bench. We use it so much more now! Check this out for all the details http://www.ourfifthhouse.com/2011/06/potting-... and see how it's still being used in our patio here. http://www.ourfifthhouse.com/2012/04/2012-sum...
  • Jane
    jane Belleville, MI
    Can I adopt you for this project???
  • Ashley Rane Sparks
    Ashley Rane Sparks Santa Ana, CA
    This is so cute! It's exactly what I need in my back yard. I'm inspired to look through my garage to see what we have that could be used for this!
  • Barbara Sawyer
    Barbara Sawyer Umatilla, FL
    I am inspired! What a wonderful creative imagination you have. It's hard for me to see a piece of junk and repurpose it, but I am learning.
  • Jim Jakes
    Jim Jakes Nashville, TN
    Can you ever have enough shelf space? Looks good.
  • Jenny Magli
    Jenny Magli Skandia, MI
    Great idea!
  • Denise Wheeler-Mayo
    I just pulled a shelf out of the fire pit that my boyfriend was going to burn! I told him I would find a new use for it and you just gave me the perfect idea! Thank you!
  • Sharon @ mrs. hines class
    Every time I walk in the house through the garage, I feel stressed and overwhelmed. I love your potting bench! I know that I don't have any tables out in my garage, but I'm definitely inspired to get busy organizing.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    You know, I built a similar Potting Bench several yers ago and although it's still in good shape my recent Re-finish of our Porch Bench made me wonder why I never painted it...LOL...SO, I'm thinking that is the next thing I'll be working on cause yours
  • Marg C
    Marg C Middletown, NY
    would you look at that! It's beautiful! and you can also use the chalkboard to jot down to-do lists for gardening! I have an awful memory but also, if I work off a list I seem to get more done and just love checking things off that list :) What a
  • Angela B
    Angela B Bristol, TN
    Fantastic idea and I cannot wait to rifle through our garage for treasure to make a similar one ! Thanks for sharing !
  • Eleanor P
    Eleanor P Brooksville, FL
    Great recycling idea. Very cute. I am properly jealous!
  • Linda T
    Linda T Stewartstown, PA
    Nice results.
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    My garage scares me - maybe I need to go inside and get inspired!
  • Karen
    Karen Chandler, AZ
    Wow, looks great! Thanks for the inspiration. I have a similar workbench that I've been using as a potting bench but didn't even think of sprucing it up. I love what you've done! I may have to be a copy cat! Thanks for sharing!
  • Vicki R
    Vicki R Buffalo, NY
    I think I've got a table like this hidden among my treasures in the basement. Will have to begin a hunt. Thanks for the idea!
Carmel P

Search Feedback