Hometalk.com

11.04.11

My boyfriend and I just bought a house from a family with lots of "artistic" children.

What's the best way to get crayon and other various drawings off the walls without re-painting?
155 on Jul 31, 2011
8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Paul M Fairburn, GA
    Goof Off works wonders on all sorts of things. Depending on what did the marking you may have to repaint though.
  • Hewitt Remodeling Service... Virginia Beach, VA
    Concur with Paul. Unless they pre-painted the kid's "canvas" with semi-gloss or gloss paint, it is unlikely that any product is going to completely remove the expressions of the artists without leaving some sort of visible difference between the "canvas"
  • try googleing magic eraser!!!!
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Goof off for crayons...they are wax based. regular soap for chalk. the magic eraser my be a bit too aggressive and remove some paint...so use carefully.
  • Katy, it's unlikely you'll be satisfied with trying to clean. But you can try warm soap and water to see if some would come off. Denatured alcohol and Goof Off achieve some results cleaning up oil base painted surfaces but are pretty aggressive for use
  • Stephanie H Louisville, KY
    Mr.Clean magic eraser will get most crayon off.
  • Jan Britt Interiors Marietta, GA
    I agree that magic eraser might do the trick. Be careful as you clean using Magic Eraser because it may take the paint off if the paint is flat.
  • Hair dyer works well to or scrubbing bubbles:)
  • Like

Paul R