Chalk Painted kitchen cabinets & cottage kitchen redo

04.20.16
We decided to tear out our existing builder grade cabinets and rebuild them with some open shelving incorporated into the design. We used Annie Sloan chalk paint on all of the lower and upper cabinets.

on This Post

• Cheryl C
    Cheryl C Anchorage, AK
    I just love this! So refreshing and welcoming. Great job!
  • Debra Smith
    Debra Smith Oklahoma City, OK
    I'm wanting to chalk paint my kitchen cabinets. How is it holding up? It looks beautiful!
  • Lori Thomas
    Lori Thomas Green River, WY
    Could I ask you a stupid question I was wondering if you have any pictures of the kitchen looking into living room? I want to remove small wall between kitchen/living room and love how you've done your kitchen.
  • KyleAnn Rudolph
    KyleAnn Rudolph Sebastian, FL
    what is all this talk @ Chalk Paint.???? what is it.?????
    • Terra Gazelle
      Terra Gazelle Springfield, LA
      KyleAnn Rudolph Chalk Paint is a paint which would have many uses from acting like limewash to looking like old painted furniture and that had a good range of color that could
  • Wanda Applegate
    Wanda Applegate Lexington, KY
    Way too much. Can't get my head around it. It is very pretty and well done. Colors are great.
  • Thuria Mohamed
    Thuria Mohamed Manchester, NH
    well done -thank's
  • Teri LaMarco
    Teri LaMarco Jacksonville, FL
    Really Tasteful! I'd like to do something like this and change out some of my bottom cabs for drawers (in existing frames), does anyone know how difficult this would be?
  • Jackie C
    Jackie C Westland, MI
    Just beautiful! I love open shelving it makes me keep my cupboards organized lol
  • Sherry L
    Sherry L Deridder, LA
    The chalk paint on these cabinets is very nice. Like it better then on furniture. Your kitchen looks great.
  • Isadora P
    very nice although I would have used rubbed oil bronze for the cabinet hardware & faucett to pull the brown tones out of the granite counter.
  • Laurie C
    Laurie C Boonville, NY
    Absolutely beautiful! You did a fantastic job!
  • KrisT
    KrisT Rockford, IL
    TY for the inspiration! You have done a wonderful job. Your kitchen and laundry area are beautiful. We recently moved into this ranch house. I love your use of white and gray and hope to do this in my kitchen, but just on the cupboard doors. The frames
  • Vicki Pemberton
    Vicki Pemberton Harriman, TN
    I would love to see the before pictures, i love the ending result. It is super clean and crisp looking!
  • Kathy W
    Kathy W Trenton, MI
    It is beautiful! Megan is probably right about the dusting, but at last someone used that "Chalk paint" for the good and the overall effect, especially the accessories are great!
  • Megan
    Megan Aurora, CO
    I hope you like to dust.
Tricia at Little Cottage on the Pond