Hometalk.com

For the Garden 03.19.14

Container Water Gardens

Container water gardens are a great way to get your feet wet with water features. They're small and pretty! Add a fountain or even a couple small fish like Rosy Reds. More water garden images at http://www.aquascapeinc.com/imagegallery.

#Bestof2012

36 Comments Displaying 15 of 36 comments | See Previous
  • Aquascape Inc. Saint Charles, IL
    Miriam, it depends on the plant. Just like your terrestial plants, aquatic plants will thrive in some zones year-round, but not in other zones. For example, the Helvola waterlily planted in a container should come back every year. I have one in a
  • If you are looking for a Certified Aquascape Contractor in southern New England area, please contact TJB-INC at 203-288-3711 We design, install, renovate, maintain, & repair ponds throughout Connecticut. The complete line of Aquascape brand Pond
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Aquascape Inc. I have a pond with waterlillies but I think your idea of putting some in a watertight container is outstanding. I will be doing that in Spring. thank you.
  • Aquascape Inc. Saint Charles, IL
    Sherrie, it's so easy to do, too!
  • Sharon Tillman Nashville, GA
    Now i can grow lotus w/o a whole big garden pond. Exquisite. Thank y'all.
  • Paula Pasco, WA
    I am doing this for sure i love it!!
  • Leona P Antes Fort, PA
    So nice to see fountains and ponds in the summer! My hubby and son dug our pond by hand 10 years ago and it is such a pleasure to have. The frogs enjoy sitting on the decoy duck my husband had placed in the pond.
  • Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    What an adorable photo, Leona!
  • Aquascape Inc. Saint Charles, IL
    Leona P, thanks for sharing your photo! Love the frog on the decoy duck's back!
  • Leona P Antes Fort, PA
    Thank you! And your welcome. Right now the only thing I see on my pond is ice with just a little water running underneath the waterfall! Can't wait till spring and summer!
  • Melissa Mitchell, IN
    I miss my running water in my yard. Thanks for some good ideas.
  • Leona P Antes Fort, PA
    Last year a Muskrat pretty much wiped out all our pond plants before we realized what was happening. So we are slowly getting things growing again.
  • Jenny Albertville, AL
    I want a water feature on my patio and have been researching ideas for sometime now. Thank you for sharing!
  • TJ Andover, MN
    Jenny Quick & easy seasonal water features -- if it will hold water, plants and a pump -- sky's the limit. Here's a couple we have done in a stoneware crock and the other in an old resin planter
  • TJ Andover, MN
    Update - here's a picture of the fountain in a planter with the Canna opening. Much nicer than the one I just included here.