Designing a Patio

I was asked the other day for some tips on designing a patio area. What I did was write a guide detailing a number of considerations, such as where in the garden, ground conditions and design aspects.

If anyone here is thinking about laying a new patio then this should really help.

http://hometipster.com/how-to-design-a-patio...

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    My patio laying days are over but I absolutly adore them! I think a small patio belongs anywhere when conditions are suitable.!!
  • Hometipster.com
    Hometipster.com Columbus, MS
    Hi Dee - I have to agree, the Sandstone in the video was my favorite. I err on the side of contemporary / minimalist design and the Sandstone produces such clean lines. So happy it provided a little inspiration. Have a great day! Graham
  • Hometipster.com
    Hometipster.com Columbus, MS
    Hi Jeanette, I think most people do actually give a great deal of thought nowadays as to where a patio should be situated in the garden, not simply for aesthetics but also for practicality.
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I didn't mean to mislead anyone...my point is, everyone needs one somewhere! And that they do not have to be large and elaborate! People can think in terms of a "nook"!
  • Hometipster.com
    Hometipster.com Columbus, MS
    Hi Jeanette - absolutely, a patio can be any shape or size you want. I've seen some extremely nice examples of tiny patios tucked away in a quiet part of the garden - perfect for that time when you need to relax away from it all :)
Hometipster.com