Hometalk.com

12.21.12

Solar Install in Cumming, GA

One of our customers, Andrea Brown, added 22 solar panels to her already energy efficient home. Not only did Sawnee EMC give her a $1500 cash incentive when the solar installation was verified, but last month her electric bill came to -$7.99 because of the extra power her panels produced!!!
16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    Wow...I am sure this was quite an investment initially but those are impressive results.
  • Solar Energy USA Alpharetta, GA
    Thanks for commenting! Sometimes HOA will allow it, have you checked with yours already? Solar is an investment that pays for itself over time. And yes, the results are definitely impressive!
  • diy Design Fanatic Charlotte, NC
    Our house is too large for us and we will be selling in the near future. But, definitely our next house!
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    In the past the HOA could stop this type of installation but currently the HOA cannot stop the install. I love my solar.
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    Sorry, I mean in Florida - I don't know about the rest of the country.
  • Solar Energy USA Alpharetta, GA
    I hope they make the same rules for Georgia in the future
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    how many watts per panel? I just picked up two more 80 watt panels to add to the 1 have installed on my off grid cabin. When I bought that first panel it was about $170 these new ones were only $100 ea....whoo hoo
  • Solar Energy USA Alpharetta, GA
    This system uses 235W panels
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    My home has (12) 190) - 230 watt panels and (31) 235 watt panels. Total just under 10kw because it is considered commercial over 10kw. My bill each month is 10.69 which is a CUSTOMER charge for being a customer. The company keeps additional credits
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    I only aveage about 450 to 500 kw/h per month
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    KMS Woodworks What do you the solar for?
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Sherrie S That is my usage on my full time house. our electric bill runs from about 50 to 65 bucks a month depending on the season...more during the dark winter. I have an electric range and
  • Solar Energy USA Alpharetta, GA
    A 500kWh average bill is impressive! You must have a very efficient home!
  • Sherrie S Debary, FL
    KMS Woodworks wow I never have seen an electric bill like yours. If that had been my bill I wouldn't bother with solar either.
  • KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    5 to 6 cords of woodstove heat at about $200 per cord mixed with about $1800 a year in propane for the furnace and hot water. What you guys pay for in AC electricity we make up for it in heating.
  • Likes

Teresa Betterton Diane B Carol S Amy R. Liz Owens