How to Repair Your Own Screen

08.21.15
Repairing a screen is actually not has hard as you think it might be. I recently replaced the screening in our screen door that had been on the receiving end of some curious young kitties. My screen door fix cost less than $10 and only took about 20 minutes to do. You can see the full tutorial on http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/07...
  • Why our screen door needed to be replaced
  • It was in very bad shape, and unusable before the fix.
  • Our newly fixed screen door looking like new. The kitties are older now and not as destructive, so hopefully it will stay that way.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    Oh we've done more screen replacement than we want to ever think of doing again. The first summer at our home in a country neighborhood was the year of the grasshopper. Being surrounded by corn fields didn't help the matter. All our twenty eight window
    • Becky
      Becky Blair, NE
      DORLIS we're happy with the solar screen. It's held up very well. Both HoDe and L's carry it. It's a little more expensive than standard fiberglas screen, but well worth it.
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Long after mankind has been displaced in the environment...insects will rule.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    So true KMS.

I just popped over to your blog in hopes of finding your real name so I wouldn't have to keep calling you by your user name

• KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Becky...I'm actually in Nederland west of Boulder and have been up here for 20 years...Ned is a completely different world than Boulder.
  • Becky
    Becky Blair, NE
    I remember the name and am pretty sure I've been there since my brother knew the mountains in that area well and probably took me there. It's beautiful country. I can see why you love it. You look allot like my brother too. Last I saw him he was all
Pam