Homemade Pill Organizer

04.08.15
Can any of you crafty people out there think of a way to make a non-toxic and nice looking pill box holder? I need something with compartments large enough to put all my big vitamins and suppliments in for daily use for 7 days. I do not want any of those plastic weekly pill holders, but something that will look nice sitting out and again is non-toxic and has a lid. I look forward to your ideas!
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    What about some glass spice jars in a cute little crate? You could add some decorative labels to help disguise what's in the jars.
  • Lin R
    Lin R Smyrna, TN
    Love that idea Sheila!
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    I am saving small plastic jars such as spice jars. My son had a darling chartruse jar the other day that his probotic came in and I asked him for it. Then there was a small hot pink one that held liquid for blowing bubbles for the dog. Now I have my
  • 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)
    How about something like these?

http://www.glueguncrafts.com/2009/03/glue_gu...

• SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    Here is a really pretty little jar at Hobby Lobby: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/beveled-...
  • SheilaG, Plum Doodles
    Lin, you know you're committed to showing us your pills when you get your containers finished, right? ;)
  • Lin R
    Lin R Smyrna, TN
    I will do that Sheila. Thanks to everyone for the ideas.
  • Sharron W
    Sharron W Memphis, TN
    I save the little jars from the specialty pickled artichoke hearts and such that I tend to use in my cooking. I'm always making lotions or such for someone in the family...so I make use of them for that...but certainly they would make cute little vitamin
  • Leah M
    Leah M Austin, TX
    I needed to make a morning/evening pill dispenser for someone. It was suggested we get those M&M flip top plastic containers. I took the labels off, put new ones on with the days of the week and put it in a spice rack I found at Goodwill.
  • Carrie
    Carrie Pepperell, MA
    Try a bead organizing box or a 'floss' box for storing embroidery thread.

Great idea. Cheap. Avail at any major craft store. Art stores have dual-purpose items that travel well,

• Jan Sey
    Jan Sey Jacksonville Beach, FL
    I bought a 2 sided plastic box (for screws, washers, etc.) that had many compartments at Harbor Freight (a hardware type store) for my vitamins. Can use baby food jars for some projects that require small glass jars.
Lin R