Hometalk.com

kitchen ideas 03.03.14

After 20 yrs, we decided to design our kitchen for better use of space as well as aesthetics.

Same basic configuration w/relocation of rear entry to allow for wrap around cabinets, corner fridge and larger island. Flip flopped the sink & cooktop & added corner cupboards to the dining area which allowed us to turn the table and add the leaves. GE paneled appliances including induction cooktop for smooth, clean look. Tile from Byrd Tile, lighting from LightingDirect.com, appliances from Appliance World all in Raleigh. Cabinets: Kitchens & More, Durham. Contractor: Johnny Woody/Woodybilt. I can't say enough about my contractor...not only a friend but a first rate contractor who went above and beyond and Kelly and Steve @ Kitchens & More are a very creative and talented group of folks who made sure I had my dream kitchen. Thanks guys.
40 Comments Displaying 15 of 40 comments | See Previous
  • Terry Haas Charleston, SC
    The copper sink rocked the whole look. Good choices.

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures.

• Karen V Hauppauge, NY
    Simply spectacular!
  • Kathy S Atlanta, GA
    This is absolutely elegant! I would have to be in the kitchen ALL THE TIME!
  • Lisa G Blythewood, SC
    Beautiful. I think you did a great job with the configuration of the space and the design is simply gorgeous.
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Donna's kitchen is now famous! Check it out http://www.nwitimes.com/lifestyles/columnist...
  • HomeTalk is wonderful Miriam. It is really helping people, not just with advise but I am working with contractors, painters, & artists that I met on this site. I personally know that business leads are shared & successful jobs have been the result.
  • Stacey B Florence, KY
    I loved this site since logging on Miriam. Got my sister-in-law on it as well-by showing her Donna's new ktichen & copper sink! Everything about the site is so helpful-and incredibly positive!!
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Thank you Lee Anne & Stacey! It's the wonderful members that make it so, we are so proud of the Hometalk community!
  • Kathy S Atlanta, GA
    Absolutely beautiful.....the space was repurposed well!
  • You did a great transformation of the space!!
  • Marcia S Greenwood, IN
    I absolutely love it! I want it.....
  • Deborah C Austell, GA
    Gorgeous. Regarding the red carpet, it would be nice. Why don't you compromise - get a rug with red accents in it and have the rug prominently black. This way you both win.
  • Donna Raleigh, NC
    Thanks for all the compliments and input guys....this project is what turned me onto Hometalk.
  • Jaime Berg High Point, NC
    Stunning-I love all of your choices!
  • Very beautiful, I love all the copper tones. The island is gorgeous and the sink. Love love love