Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home
DIY Projects 08.16.14

Pallets = 8x10 Gazebo

my wife wanted a gazebo i priced everything for them and well lets just say my wallet ran away. so i started thinking and this is what i came up with. total cost under $200 bucks. now i have shingled the roof and i also got those supplies by bartering
9 Comments Displaying 9 of 9 comments
  • KMS Woodworks
    KMS Woodworks Nederland, CO
    Mark...it looks like you might have scored some "pallet" wood for those roof sections?

If so great job....reworking reclaimed lumber can be a pain in the butt...but the cost and environmental benefits are

This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Dee W
    Dee W Rock Creek, OH
    This is great Mark--It is a wonderful size and I love the addition of benches, and the extra touch of the lattice. I'm sure your wife is one happy lady.
  • Terri Styer
    Terri Styer Barberton, OH
    I have a pavilion like this, my ex built it years ago, whatever you do don't grow any kind of vines on it. They look really pretty at first, as their growing, but then they take over and you have no control over them. The best thing to do is put some
  • Vicki
    Vicki Smyrna, GA
    wow, u did it under $200. Thanks for sharing.
    Douglas Hunt New Smyrna Beach, FL
    Great job, Mark. That's a very impressive use of pallets.
  • Jeanette S
    Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Looks great...now look for some patio chairs at garage sales and paint them bright colors. In pretty weather that bench looks perfect for a piece of foam to turn it into a day bed for a nap!
  • Mark Smith
    Mark Smith Fremont, OH
    KMS Woodworks yes i used the top boards from pallets for the roof .. and Vicki yes it was under $200.00 the total final cost for this was $156.72. and yes my wife is very happy with this
  • Tiffany Jones
    Tiffany Jones Wray, CO
    Do you have any instructions or tips for a beginner to accomplish this? Also, how sturdy is it? We live out in the country with high winds and hail. We had a metal gazebo that didn't last a week and it was anchored. I am looking for something in the $200
    • Mark Smith
      Mark Smith Fremont, OH
      Only instructions I had was ones I found online just looking at gazebos just kinda did my own thing on it. Yes it is sturdy I have the main legs bolted to the concrete if you want to build on grass you will have to dig holes and bury main post as long as
Mark Smith

Join the home and garden knowledge hub. It's free & easy and only takes a second!