Pumpkin Topiary - Fall Decorating Ideas

Fall decor 11.01.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
Tutorial on making your own pumpkin topiary.
Start by placing a Styrofoam block in your container. Use a dowel to stack your carve-able pumpkins. You will need to remove two stems off of the two bottom pumpkins.
To add a monogram to your pumpkin, print out a letter, and use a few stick pins to hold it in place. Take another stick pin and gentle poke small holes following the lines of your letter.
Play "dot-to-dot" with a pencil and trace the outline of your letter. Paint with acrylic paint, and finish with a spray sealer.
Add some fall florals under the bottom pumpkin. Attach with hot glue.
Now all your topiary needs is a bow!

To see more: http://www.decorating-ideas-made-easy.com/fall-pumpkin-topiary.html

• MyrnaBlu
    MyrnaBlu Lombard, IL
    So pretty! Am going to make one for this year's Fall decorating.
  • Heather
    Heather Erie, CO
    How do you prepare fresh pumpkins for this? I would like to do this but I don't want them rotting away - did you use plastic?
  • Melissa Whitaker Hawkins
    I made one of these 2 years ago but I thought why buy real pumpkins , I want to keep it to use again. So I bought 3 of the Halloween pumpkins (for $.50 ) the kind u trick-or-treat with , I spray painted them and yes they had the faces on them but I
  • Cocolombardo
    How did you cut the "stems" off-what type of tool did you use? and what did you use a base in the planter? thanks!
  • Charli
    Charli Lebanon, OR
    Love this!
Jennifer Decorates

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post