Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 02.23.14

Pumpkin Topiary - Fall Decorating Ideas

Tutorial on making your own pumpkin topiary.

#Bestof2012

32 Comments Displaying 15 of 32 comments | See Previous
  • I taught this to a class when I worked at Michael's Arts and Craft Store using the fake pumpkins you can even paint them or glitter coat each a different fall color like brass copper any way you do it comes out gorgeous!
  • WOW! I am in Arizona and so glad this is done with a fake pumpkin! I will have to visit Michaels tomorrow! Thanks for the great idea!
  • Angela Murfreesboro, TN
    Where can I find these pumpkins?
  • Decorating Ideas Made Easy Murfreesboro, TN
    Hello Angela, I purchased these at Hobby Lobby.
  • Rhonda Kindle Temecula, CA
    these are cheaper ($8.99) at Michaels
  • Marsha Lamberth Clarksville, TN
    I am planning a fall wedding here in my yard. I want to use this idea. Thanks!
  • Michele Braswell-Brock Harrison Township, MI
    Wow, Good Idea!
  • Kathleen F Rensselaer, NY
    Do you carve out the top one too? Or do you just poke the dowel through the bottom and then add the bow?
  • Vicki Inez, KY
    I wonder how long these will last? These are beautiful.
    They are plastic, so I'm hoping for quite a while! Thank you. :)
  • KARIN BLAKELY Jacksonville, FL
    I JUST LOVE THIS!! I AM GOING TO MAKE THIS!!
  • Jana Hoffmann Waxahachie, TX
    I made these last year and put them out but the wind kept blowing them away, even though I put them on the porch. Any good ideas on weighting them down?
    Bless your heart! That was frustrating! I actually broke up a brick into smaller pieces and put it into the bottom of the urn. I need to add that information to my tutorial! Thank you for pointing this out. Have a great day.
  • Marti Polacik Maryville, TN
    I made this last fall,, It was fun to make. I placed it on my front porch and added other fall items, such as greenery, then added my string of lights weaving it in and around the other elements and the base of my topariy. Need to bring it down from the
    You need to share your photo! I'm so glad you made one!