Pumpkin Topiary - Fall Decorating Ideas

Tutorial on making your own pumpkin topiary.
Start by placing a Styrofoam block in your container. Use a dowel to stack your carve-able pumpkins. You will need to remove two stems off of the two bottom pumpkins.
To add a monogram to your pumpkin, print out a letter, and use a few stick pins to hold it in place. Take another stick pin and gentle poke small holes following the lines of your letter.
Play "dot-to-dot" with a pencil and trace the outline of your letter. Paint with acrylic paint, and finish with a spray sealer.
Add some fall florals under the bottom pumpkin. Attach with hot glue.
Now all your topiary needs is a bow!

To see more: http://www.decorating-ideas-made-easy.com/fall-pumpkin-topiary.html

• MyrnaBlu
    MyrnaBlu Lombard, IL
    So pretty! Am going to make one for this year's Fall decorating.
  • Heather
    Heather Erie, CO
    How do you prepare fresh pumpkins for this? I would like to do this but I don't want them rotting away - did you use plastic?
  • Melissa Whitaker Hawkins
    I made one of these 2 years ago but I thought why buy real pumpkins , I want to keep it to use again. So I bought 3 of the Halloween pumpkins (for $.50 ) the kind u trick-or-treat with , I spray painted them and yes they had the faces on them but I
  • Cocolombardo
    How did you cut the "stems" off-what type of tool did you use? and what did you use a base in the planter? thanks!
  • Charli
    Charli Lebanon, OR
    Love this!
Jennifer Decorates

Search Feedback