Pumpkin Topiary - Fall Decorating Ideas

Holidays 7 days ago
Tutorial on making your own pumpkin topiary.

#Bestof2012

• Fall Decorating Ideas http://www.decorating-ideas-made-easy.com/fall-pumpkin-topiary.html
  • Start by placing a Styrofoam block in your container. Use a dowel to stack your carve-able pumpkins. You will need to remove two stems off of the two bottom pumpkins.
  • Add some fall florals under the bottom pumpkin. Attach with hot glue.
  • To add a monogram to your pumpkin, print out a letter, and use a few stick pins to hold it in place. Take another stick pin and gentle poke small holes following the lines of your letter.
  • Play "dot-to-dot" with a pencil and trace the outline of your letter. Paint with acrylic paint, and finish with a spray sealer.
  • Now all your topiary needs is a bow!
  • Fall Decorating Ideas
  • Now all your topiary needs is a bow!
  • For a more detail tutorial please visit: http://www.decorating-ideas-made-easy.com
  • See 3 More Photos
  • Kathleen F
    Kathleen F Rensselaer, NY
    Do you carve out the top one too? Or do you just poke the dowel through the bottom and then add the bow?
  • Michele Braswell-Brock
    Michele Braswell-Brock Harrison Township, MI
    Wow, Good Idea!
  • Marsha Lamberth
    Marsha Lamberth Clarksville, TN
    I am planning a fall wedding here in my yard. I want to use this idea. Thanks!
  • Rhonda Kindle
    Rhonda Kindle Temecula, CA
    these are cheaper ($8.99) at Michaels
  • Jennifer Decorates
    Jennifer Decorates Murfreesboro, TN
    Hello Angela, I purchased these at Hobby Lobby.
  • Angela
    Angela Murfreesboro, TN
    Where can I find these pumpkins?
  • Debi Odom
    WOW! I am in Arizona and so glad this is done with a fake pumpkin! I will have to visit Michaels tomorrow! Thanks for the great idea!
  • Judy Miller
    Judy Miller San Antonio, TX
    I taught this to a class when I worked at Michael's Arts and Craft Store using the fake pumpkins you can even paint them or glitter coat each a different fall color like brass copper any way you do it comes out gorgeous!
  • Eclectically Vintage - Kelly
    Thinking about doing my own - love the monogram!
  • Kathleen N
    Kathleen N Waukesha, WI
    Love this went out to buy my products today, maybe add a little twist!
  • Yvonne
    Yvonne Columbia, MO
    Very Cute!!!! Can't want to make this for my front door area!!!!
  • Jennifer Decorates
    Jennifer Decorates Murfreesboro, TN
    Yes they are similar in size.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Browning, IL
    Are the 2 bottom ones the same size and the top one just a bit smaller?
  • Karen C
    Karen C Chaska, MN
    LOVE this idea!!!! Thank you for sharing it! I will be making at least one, for sure! =)

Happy Fall!!!

• Jennifer Decorates
    Jennifer Decorates Murfreesboro, TN
    Hey Michelle, the pumpkins are carve-able plastic. Wonderful craft idea!
Jennifer Decorates