DIY Closet to Entry Bench

Organizing Ideas 03.26.15
First impressions are everything and hollow core bi-folding doors are not the feeling I was after for the first impression upon entering my home. Removing the closet doors and building a custom bench complete with drawers, baskets, and hooks for a beautiful, comfortable and functional space was the perfect solution. Visit my blog for more details on this and many other home projects! http://wovenhome.blogspot.com/2012/07/entry-...
  • Lois B
    How big is your closet? This is really unique.
  • Connie B
    Connie B Hendersonville, NC
    Great idea!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    How long did you live here before thinking of this? What an outstanding idea, and you've done it so well!
  • Donna C
    Donna C Manchester, NH
    Great addition and so functional. More so than the closet. Fits beautifully.
  • Sondra A
    Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Really beautiful and inviting.
  • Kandi and Rebekah
    Kandi and Rebekah Hendersonville, NC
    This was about the very first project I thought of doing when I walked in the door the first time but it took us 2 years to actually do it! But, that is pretty much how things go around here :-)
  • Sweet Pea Studio
    What a change for the better. So inviting!
  • Becky H
    Becky H Tampa, FL
    K & R, I think we can all understand that. 8-)
  • Kat
    Kat Killeen, TX
    The colors brings out the beauty of the project ^5 all the way !!!!
  • Total Home Tile & Grout Repair and Remodels
    Feng Shui !
  • Linda@nothingbutblueskyes
    So creative and what a way to make your closet totally functional! Love it.
  • Margaret Welker
    Margaret Welker Angleton, TX
    Now I wish I had an entry closet to transform.Very creative and does look so much better than the boring bifold doors. Will did good.
  • Redoux Interiors
    Redoux Interiors Brentwood, CA
    I have a closet I want to to this too. Definitely on my list. Thanks for sharing!
  • Janet Greco Kelly
    Janet Greco Kelly New River, AZ
    Love it! Your very creative!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Charlotte, TN
    Brilliant and so professional-looking! Where do the guest coats go, now that the closet is gone?
Kandi and Rebekah