DIY Baby Rocking Scooters

toys 10.22.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
My quirky little kiddo was in need of a rocking toy worthy of her spirit. So I came up with a plan to build my own for $10 out of a 1x10x8' pine board and a jigsaw. As an avid scooter girl myself, I decided to model her rocker after my own and paint it hot pink for a rock and roll edge. It turned out too cute! I've made a lime green, aqua and orange one for friends, and can't wait to make more. I know kid and baby toys can be a little daunting, but once you try it out you'll see how easy and affordable it really is. Plus, now I know she's using something made from 100% real wood and non-toxic paints. No recalls here! More images and links to the free plans can be found here
  • Baby Scooter Rocking Toy for $10
  • Baby Scooter Rocking Toy for $10
  • Baby Scooter Rocking Toy for $10
  • Baby Scooter Rocking Toy for $10
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    How darling!
  • Brooke N
    Brooke N Lake Jackson, TX
    Aw, Tania that's awesome! And ditto on the braces. I just finished one up and kept cursing the split wood. Your butterfly looks so beautiful
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Thank you Brooke =) My 8 year old Daughter said to me Mum that kinda looks like a butterflies body in the middle.. I sometimes wonder where she gets her imagination from? LOL! so I added some wings and Wolla! and thank you so much for sharing it.. I bet
  • Anita Roll Murals
    Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    These are so cute!
  • Blissfully Domestic
    This is SO gorgeous! What a fabulous idea. That looks like a ton of fun but so inexpensive! I clipped this to the Preparing Your Home for Parenthood board. Great tutorial!
Brooke N

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post