Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

DIY Baby Rocking Scooters

My quirky little kiddo was in need of a rocking toy worthy of her spirit. So I came up with a plan to build my own for $10 out of a 1x10x8' pine board and a jigsaw. As an avid scooter girl myself, I decided to model her rocker after my own and paint it hot pink for a rock and roll edge. It turned out too cute! I've made a lime green, aqua and orange one for friends, and can't wait to make more. I know kid and baby toys can be a little daunting, but once you try it out you'll see how easy and affordable it really is. Plus, now I know she's using something made from 100% real wood and non-toxic paints. No recalls here! More images and links to the free plans can be found here http://www.killerbdesigns.com/baby-scooter-r...
6 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 6 of 6 comments
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    OMG! So Funny you posted this just now I was just looking through all my stuff I have made and I have made your beautiful scooter.. I made it just cause I loved it and I wanted so much to try the pattern out ...I found your pattern on ana-white.com
    This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    How darling!
  • Brooke N
    Brooke N Lake Jackson, TX
    Aw, Tania that's awesome! And ditto on the braces. I just finished one up and kept cursing the split wood. Your butterfly looks so beautiful
  • TaniaC
    TaniaC Fairfield, IL
    Thank you Brooke =) My 8 year old Daughter said to me Mum that kinda looks like a butterflies body in the middle.. I sometimes wonder where she gets her imagination from? LOL! so I added some wings and Wolla! and thank you so much for sharing it.. I bet
  • Anita Roll Murals
    Anita Roll Murals Alpharetta, GA
    These are so cute!
  • Blissfully Domestic
    This is SO gorgeous! What a fabulous idea. That looks like a ton of fun but so inexpensive! I clipped this to the Preparing Your Home for Parenthood board. Great tutorial!
Brooke N