Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 04.11.14

DIY Garden Urn Turned Coffee Table

I took an antique cast-iron garden urn and filled it with a monochromatic assortment of bone & mother of pearl buttons and rhinestone jewelry, then topped it with glass for a unique industrial, yet pretty coffee table.
7 Comments Displaying 7 of 7 comments
  • Susan S Fredericksburg, VA
    Ah Mikey, I was looking at all the pictures thinking how beautiful and unique this display was and I hadn't looked to see who posted it. I SHOULD HAVE KNOW IT WAS YOURS!! Gorgeous ;~)
  • Mikey F Richmond, VA
    Thanks, Susan!!!
  • Sharron W Memphis, TN
    How Unique is That...really cool idea!
  • Donna R Lumberton, TX
    Oh my gosh, how unique and creative! You really took this another creative step by adding the jewelry. This one is going to be pinned and saved! I love your whole room.
  • great idea
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Hey Mikey, I like it! I've often wanted to make a coffee table from an old urn, but never found a urn I liked that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I love your filling. Absolutely gorgeous!
  • Love how this turned out! The use of the rhinestone brooches makes it so special and sparkly! What else is fun to do is to run a cord out the drainage hole and add a light underneath some of the filling items. It would shine beautifully! Thank you so