In March of this year, we purchased a home that is almost, if not already, 100 years old.
As of right now there is a Natural Gas Water boiler system that sits UNDER the house with large radiators inside each room.
Since the boiler sits under the house, it gets flooded when there is a large amount of rain. (whoever put it in, dug a small area down into the ground and put the boiler there)
As of right now it is turned off, red tagged by the gas company, because it sat under water.
The house was a foreclosure so we don't have a lot of history on it.
My question is this - we are thinking about doing away with the boiler and adding natural gas space heater type units to the house.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?