Empty nested bedroom turned Craft Room

Art & Craft 08.20.15
Over the years I have used every room in my house to paint, sand and stain everything from kitchen cabinets to furniture. When my youngest moved out on her own I was left with a lot of tears and a lot more room!! I bought a work bench from a local carpenter to use as my craft table. Bought shelf systems from Home Depot and split them up into multiple shelf systems. I use old apple crates and wire baskets for storage. It's such a fun space and I now have one room in my house where I know where everything is and I won't have an inch of sawdust on my dining room table. Please feel free to stop by my blog and see the entire post with a lot more pictures!

http://decoratinghemlock.blogspot.com/2012/04...

• Before: Pink walls and green carpet and leftover "stuff".
  • I ripped up the carpet and painted the walls Martha Stewart Sharkey Grey and the trim Westhighland White by Sherwin Williams.
  • I wanted those really cute industrial shelving units you see everywhere but my budget wouldn't allow it. I thought these had a similar look to them. Found them at Home Depot and when I found out they hold up to 4,000 lbs I was sold!
  • I didn't want a run of the mill craft table. I wanted something that I didn't care if I got paint or stain all over it. I needed something tougher. I thought why not stick a workbench in there!
  • I used rattan and wicker baskets I had lying around the house. I really do have a basket hoarding problem. I found locker baskets on Amazon really cheap!
  • I found the metal bins at Home Depot and thought they would be the perfect addition to underneath the work bench.
  • Katie
    Katie Canada
    Great space! I was doing a similar thing (making my sons' room into my craft room)…and then he decided to come home again for a while! LOL
  • Harriet
    Harriet Payson, UT
    Each idea should have directions, from whom ever summited them.
  • Adrianne Halford
    Adrianne Halford Pensacola, FL
    I created a craft room out of a large sun/florida room. Great natural light but limited wall space to hang stuff. Would like more wall shelves, Oh! and no closet space either so I really like your carpenter's bench. Thank you!
  • Joy Smith
    Joy Smith Inglewood, CA
    Every time we almost have a room for this, a kid moves back home...LOL
  • Sandra Crosbie
    What a brilliant idea. Your own woman cave. I to have an addiction to baskets boxes and crates.
Jeri

Search Feedback