Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 4 days ago

Remodeled Laundry Room/Pantry Area

My laundry room was dark, cluttered and not very functional. It always looked like it was a mess. This is the room that is in between the garage and the kitchen, so it was a highly visible and much used spot.

I removed tall pantry cabinets and installed cabinets to the ceiling for the pantry, I built a cedar countertop, installed base cabinets, paneled the ceiling and installed a metal backsplash.

For more information, before pics or to see how anything was done, head over to the blog post. http://www.thequaintcottage.net/2012/04/lau...

13 Comments Displaying 13 of 13 comments
  • Miriam I New York, NY
    Karen, it is not only functional, but beautiful! I wish I could build like that.
  • Becky J Troy, IL
    I love that cedar countertop! Very warm.
  • Becky J Troy, IL
    I also just looked at your website.....I agree about the hubby's coats breeding. I put them back in the closet and they suddenly appear again.
  • Bekah W Alpharetta, GA
    :O) LOVE THIS!! I dreamed up a similar idea...but no one is "handy" around here.....
  • Sherry fry Milton, PA
    Very nice! Wish I had a laundry room, my washer n dryer are stacked in the kitchen. But, when you live in a 130 yr old house you get what you get unless you can expand.
  • Sondra A Janesville, WI
    Love this idea, but it wouldnt work for me either as my laundry room is in the basement. I have arthritis and dont like going up and down the stairs very often My kitchen is small and I have been trying to think of ways to have more storage space.
  • Hey Karen! Nice to see you on hometalk! You know i love this project!!

Cheers!

• MaryAnn D Ocala, FL
    Very nicley done.
  • Beautiful job!
  • Nancy Bryan Corpus Christi, TX
    Very good idea, the only thing I would change is, I would build the shelves completely down to the countertop....but, that's just me.
  • Kelly S Bremerton, WA
    I love this transformation.
  • Cecilia Bramhall Pflugerville, TX
    Oh my! If mine turns out half as well, I will be happy. Great job!
  • Gabriel D Canada
    Wonderful work. Pracical meets stylish.