Hometalk.com

Awesome Remodels 03.29.14

Wooden Pallet Dresser

We used 6 old pallets to create a custom and unique storage piece. I had all these pallets in my garage and was just itching to do something creative and unique with them. This is what happened. We pulled the boards off of one side of each pallet and stacked them so the openings were bigger. I sanded and sanded and sanded forever then 2 coats of polyurethane to bring out the rustic color. I sold it to a family who are using it in their playroom!

http://too-much-time.com/2011/09/wooden-pall...

21 Comments Displaying 15 of 21 comments | See Previous
  • Linda Lee Kingston, WA
    I shared this great idea. Right now we use pallets to stack firewood.
  • Gail Terkelsen Spring, TX
    Great ideas... But, where do you get the pallets from? I have thought of some projects myself but have been unable to secure the materials.
  • This looks like a great idea for storing all my bins of family pictures! Have been trying to come up with shelving that we wouldn't have to stack the bins on top of each other, I could just pull the one I needed. My husband works for a building supply
  • Amy Rohde Port Deposit, MD
    A very industrial look! I gave all our pallets away.. Next time, I might think twice!
  • Sherry Stives Fry Milton, PA
    I really like that! ^5 to you!
  • Fantastic--love it!
  • Jane Orr Canada
    We have pallets all the time stacked all over. This is something I would love even in the basement to hold items that are just sitting individually all over the place. What a good idea!
  • Sherry R Bedford, TX
    very rustic and unique..love it.
  • This is GREAT!
  • Sue C Waxahachie, TX
    I'd like to see a picture of the entire piece. It's hard to imagine the completed project.
  • Donnations@sbcglobal.net Saint Charles, MO
    Now, this is what I'm talking about! If you are going to take "junk" and be creative enough to build something useful and functional, that's a good thing. And this is certainly a good re-use of something. And if this works with your decor, then good for you.
  • Sally Ethridge Toledo, OH
    I love this. I have just discovered great uses for pallets and can't wait to start some projects.
  • Chris aka monkey Mount Pleasant, TN
    wow storage i need storage bad xx